Search

AF1775 OSL-CDG 02SEP by Joon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue
AF1775 OSL-CDG 02SEP by Joon

Dear all,

Last Sunday Sept 2nd my flight AF1775 OSL-CDG supposed to be operated by Joon was cancelled. I was informed 2 days in advance.
When checking for rebooking I've asked AFKL twice of reason for cancellation however they coudn't (or didn't want) tell it.

Anyone more info about it?

Thks,
Hans
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Lightbulb

ohhh , quite a big question

it can be for couple of reasons , but if your flight was cancelled 2 days before its probably because of ressources planning issues (cabin crew and/or plane and/or schedule) and then they realised that rather than re assigning ressources for this flight , it was cheaper/easier to cancel and rebook you on another route

it can be also because of low passenger load factor , below some thresholds its not good for airline to make a plane fly , so rebooking can be the best way to save money

try to find which plane was assigned for your flight and track his schedule , if you see thats he was flying somewhere else then you know who wasnt guilty

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 4, 2018 at 2:08 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
ohhh , quite a big question

it can be for couple of reasons , but if your flight was cancelled 2 days before its probably because of ressources planning issues (cabin crew and/or plane and/or schedule) and then they realised that rather than re assigning ressources for this flight , it was cheaper/easier to cancel and rebook you on another route

it can be also because of low passenger load factor , below some thresholds its not good for airline to make a plane fly , so rebooking can be the best way to save money

try to find which plane was assigned for your flight and track his schedule , if you see thats he was flying somewhere else then you know who wasnt guilty
Another possible reason for an early cancellation like that is all the ATC restrictions in Europe since the beginning of the summer. Almost everyday, AF reports in their daily bulletin some ATC restrictions in several parts of Europe, due to lack of staff, poor planning, weather (lots of storms this summer), professional strikers of Aix-Marseille FIR, etc). On sunday, they reported several ATC restrictions in Europe due to capacity or weather. They did not mention northern countries specifically, but who knows. And when it is because of capacity, there could be a demand of Eurocontrol to cancel flights in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.