Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reason for AF990 (CDG-JNB) cancellation?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Reason for AF990 (CDG-JNB) cancellation?

Anyone knows why AF990 (CDG-JNB) yesterday was cancelled/delayed? It seems there's an AF990A scheduled to depart in 5 minutes, and AF website say "due to technical verifications"
Also oddly tomorrow's AF995 (JNB-CDG) has been pushed from 18:50 to 20:35, while tonight's AF990 is showing on schedule.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ditto
Anyone knows why AF990 (CDG-JNB) yesterday was cancelled/delayed? It seems there's an AF990A scheduled to depart in 5 minutes, and AF website say "due to technical verifications"
I think you answered your own question.

Originally Posted by Ditto
Also oddly tomorrow's AF995 (JNB-CDG) has been pushed from 18:50 to 20:35, while tonight's AF990 is showing on schedule.
I don’t see what’s odd here. The return flight AF995 is delayed because of a delayed arrival from Paris (normally the plane seats from 11 am to 7 pm on the ground in JNB). And why AF 990 is scheduled on-time tonight ? simply because this is not the same plane.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think you answered your own question.

I'm just trying to understand what is "technical verifications"

I don’t see what’s odd here. The return flight AF995 is delayed because of a delayed arrival from Paris (normally the plane seats from 11 am to 7 pm on the ground in JNB). And why AF 990 is scheduled on-time tonight ? simply because this is not the same plane.
Meanwhile today's AF995 has been pushed back to 23:15
The odd part is why tomorrow's AF995 has been pushed back to 20:35, while tonights AF990 (same plane) is still scheduled on time, so it will seat on the ground from 11AM to 8:35PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.