Wiki Posts
Search

Another flight cancellation - which hotels at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Another flight cancellation - which hotels at CDG

Flying from Astana to Paris today and should have been back home to Aberdeen UK tonight however, got word last evening that they have cancelled Aberdeen leg. Phone up the platinum line amd they got me rebooked on lunchtime flight on Monday which obviously means overnight stay in CDG. Lady told me I could either book it myself and claim back cost or else get AF to orgainse once I land. Not sure of cost limitations on hotel so any advice? Book it myself and claim or else let AF do it?

Also, might I be entitled to any flight delay compensation? I will be home approx 16 hours later than I should have although I have no idea why flight was cancelled. Note, it’s a KLM ticket from Astana to Paris although it’s Air Astana metal. From Paris to Aberdeen it’s Joop I think.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming you meant JOON.

They may well have hotel and meal vouchers for you on arrival.

Unless there is an "extraordinary circumstance" you are entitled to cancellation compensation above the "duty of care" above. Thus, the reason for the cancellation is critical. Try to find out as much as you can at CDG.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:04 am

Might be a bit late now.. but why not ask to be rerouted through LHR? That should get you to ABZ @ 22:30 today.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
From Paris to Aberdeen it’s Joop I think.
This one is good : Joop, a merger between Joon and Hop

Originally Posted by Often1
Presuming you meant JOON.
ABZ is an AF flight, usually operated by HOP, but right now it is CityJet that is operating it.

Last edited by Goldorak; Sep 2, 2018 at 2:17 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Flying from Astana to Paris today and should have been back home to Aberdeen UK tonight however, got word last evening that they have cancelled Aberdeen leg. Phone up the platinum line amd they got me rebooked on lunchtime flight on Monday which obviously means overnight stay in CDG. Lady told me I could either book it myself and claim back cost or else get AF to orgainse once I land. Not sure of cost limitations on hotel so any advice? Book it myself and claim or else let AF do it?

I would be very careful with that matter. You are entitled to meal vouchers and hotels in any case, and they should be available upon landing in CDG through Customer Service desks in the connections area.
Going with a reservation on your side might be slightly more uncertain in terms of reimbursement, as there is no published cap and "reasonable expenses" is highly subject to interpretation.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This one is good : Joop, a merger between Joon and Hop
Please Delete your message asap : SNPL is able to start a strike simply because of this rumor !
fifty_two and Goldorak like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Just a follow up, AF organised an acceptable hotel for me on Sunday night (Holiday Inn) as well as a 26 Euro meal voucher. Lovely breaksfast too.

I also got an email yesterday with my compensation voucher of £315.00. I have already used it to book a Christmas market trip to Hamburg with the good lady which cost - £304.00

Thanks to AF for this.
HalconBCN, Goldorak and KLBGO like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Very professional by AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.