Search

AF service in Y now inferior to DL's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
AF service in Y now inferior to DL's

Hi guys,

having flown both AF and DL on TATL, in Y, I am now conviced that DL offers a better service (AF on CDG-LAX and ATL-CDG, DL on CDG-ATL).
On top of what AF offers, DL offers a warm oshibori, a bottle of water, a REAL mid flight snack, a more attentive service with F/As offering water at various moments of the flights.
AF F/As can be friendlier, BUT what I hate is that after the 1st service, they disappear behind the curtains, and it seems that you disturb them when you ask them something.

In short, I will try to fly DL over AF in the future.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LY777
Hi guys,

having flown both AF and DL on TATL, in Y, I am now conviced that DL offers a better service (AF on CDG-LAX and ATL-CDG, DL on CDG-ATL).
On top of what AF offers, DL offers a warm oshibori, a bottle of water, a REAL mid flight snack, a more attentive service with F/As offering water at various moments of the flights.
AF F/As can be friendlier, BUT what I hate is that after the 1st service, they disappear behind the curtains, and it seems that you disturb them when you ask them something.

Service wise I agree with you. DL FA's are like mothers sometimes AF FA's are to busy concerning with their union rules and breaks. That's why they behind the curtain, they need breaks people. Just so weird that the FA's from DL or KL don't have them far as much. I do have to say that I find the hard product on DL fairly below par. They are now in the process of putting in new equipment, finally. So this might to the scale in total.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Add to everything you just said the superior comfort of DL planes in Y compared to AF/KL and it makes it a no brainer.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Indeed, 9-abreast vs 10-abreast on the 777s

and DL’s retrofitted A320s are amazing

Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:50 pm

...{snip}...and DL’s retrofitted A320s are amazing
What? DL flies A320s to/from CDG?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Hi guys,

I must have to agree on that. Comfort is way superior. My only concern is the meal, but DL has made a lot of effort in that area too.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
I completely agree with the OP. Yesterday I flew Delta DUS-ATL and had 3 servings of food, and the crew was always there with drinks. Everything tasted good.

Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:06 am

Apart from food and drinks in Y (which were indeed plentiful and varied on all my recent DL TATL flights) and very attentive service, there is one thing which makes me always choose DL over AF or KL - it is fast, reliable and decently priced WI-FI.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This not only applies to Y or Y+, but also for Premium Economy, DL's Premium Select class is way above what AF Premium Voyageur offers. No idea what AF is thinking, another EU carrier on the race to the bottom after BA for TATL flights.

Cheers!
af fp and Macaron54 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:43 am
q

Which is better in terms of comfort in Economy: Delta B777 vs AF A380 ?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: FB Plat
Delta started refurnishing B777, and those have a better IFE system than older B777s or AF A380. That is pretty much the main difference - alongside the fact Delta drink cups are double the size compared to AF.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Delta started refurnishing B777, and those have a better IFE system than older B777s or AF A380. That is pretty much the main difference - alongside the fact Delta drink cups are double the size compared to AF.
Surprisingly DL retained the 9-abreast in Y compared to 10-abreast on AF. That is a big difference.

A word on J seats. Actually, I liked the DL herringbone seat (best of all herringbones), but the new suite with doors seems amazing. I have been blown out by the QR Qsuites and the DL seat does not seem far from it.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

For me, DL is the best North American carrier.
and I would add that it is also better than European carriers.

The only thing that disappoints me about DL is that they ordered A330Neo. I would have prefered to see them take only A350s or a mix of A350s and 787s.
The A330Neo is already outdated: the cabin is not better than the A330Ceo.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I think that it all depends on what cabin seating they choose.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:28 am
q

Originally Posted by brunos
Surprisingly DL retained the 9-abreast in Y compared to 10-abreast on AF. That is a big difference.
I am not familiar at all with the DL 777 evidently. Can you confirm, the seats in Y are wider on the DL 777 than on the AF 380 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.