AF service in Y now inferior to DL's

Old Sep 3, 18, 8:48 am

Yes, they are identical save of course for the amount of seats installed.
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz View Post
I am unsure what you meant by "no service"? I got a drink (in an oversized cup) and snacks on my 4 DL Y trips so far, as usual. And, I have once been upgraded on a DL domestic flight that wasn't even full. Too bad I fell asleep the very second I sit in my seat.
I did not understand that comment either.
DL has snacks and drink on every domestic flights (at least on the short ones I flew). Also video in seat back
I know that it is not directly comparable, but domestic seats are much better than the awful domestic AF seats
Old Sep 3, 18, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Macaron54 View Post

Absolutely true! AF flight attendants are a mixed bag, with the loveliest people, cheerful and eager to help, as well as the snootiest ones, abrasive and uncooperative. In a sense, AF flight attendants are a reflection of the airline, from what is most praiseworthy to what we utterly loathe. They mirror the inconsistency we have alluded to so many times on this forum, which is rooted to the absence of accountability at AF.
It's amazing the swapping of places that DL and AF/KL have done int he last 10 years. AF now seems to purposely make your flight a PIA. I suppose it is to the crew.

My flying pattern has changed in the last couple years. In 6 arrivals at SGN, 4 on KE, 1 on VN and 1 on AF, my bags 5 out of 6 times were on the carousel within 15 minutes, no 12 minutes, I was on the street at 15 minutes. The one time that wasn't the case, was on the AF flight from CDG and I was flying W. Bags took 1 hour. UFB.
SGN is a small airport. no excuse for that.

This Christmas when I fly to VCE again, I wll avoid AF and wither fly VN for more moeny or Aeroflot for less. It can't be worse than AF.
Old Sep 3, 18, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by CyBeR View Post
Yes, they are identical save of course for the amount of seats installed.
Thanks
Old Sep 3, 18, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz View Post
I am unsure what you meant by "no service"?
I meant no food service (and I was talking about F, unless you are on a long flight).
Old Sep 4, 18, 9:18 am

Programs: FB Plat
Indeed their domestic F cabin is just Y with larger seats, more plugs, and 2 drink services.
Old Sep 4, 18, 10:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Again, domestic F service depends on the flight distance. Short flights = just snack basket, longer flight = meal.
Old Sep 11, 18, 7:15 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Been flying both carriers in the last few years across the ocean and also intra-europe. To me, it comes down to time and route rather than carrier if flying Business Class. Both have their ups and downs. Business Class seat on AF (BEST seat) is far better, but the AF Business Class food doesn't impress me as much as Delta One food does.

In Economy, on the other hand, I prefer DL long-haul but AF on short flights.

When it comes to customer service, AF doesn't really know what that means.
Old Sep 13, 18, 2:36 am

I flew ICN-CDG in Y on Monday and it was a very enjoyable flight, the food was good and plentiful, the crew did drink runs and were always available in the galley, one made tea for me when there was none made, another got me a drink from the bar. All in all it was a good flight, very friendly and professional cabin crew. My only gripe and this is a small one, is that the snacks were are all sweet, there were no savoury ones, or maybe it was just what was out when I passed.

I do wonder when people complain about European cabin crew, if it is a cultural thing? I have never had an problem with European cabin crew being rude, AF, KL, IB, LH, LX, etc. but I do find the over the top fakeness of US cabin crew, really annoying.
Goldorak and ticino like this.
Old Sep 13, 18, 3:22 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by irishbcn View Post
My only gripe and this is a small one, is that the snacks were are all sweet, there were no savoury ones, or maybe it was just what was out when I passed
I have always thought "sucré/salé" was a prominent aspect of the AF brand
Old Sep 13, 18, 5:09 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Gold, AccorHotels Gold
Originally Posted by irishbcn View Post
I do wonder when people complain about European cabin crew, if it is a cultural thing? I have never had an problem with European cabin crew being rude, AF, KL, IB, LH, LX, etc. but I do find the over the top fakeness of US cabin crew, really annoying.
+1. I especially get irritated when US cabin crew call me "sweetheart" or something to that nature.

My parents flew AF to visit me in Europe, and we also flew on a Hop ! intra-Europe flight (always in Y). No issues with service, my parents said their TATL flight was just fine. "Better than United !!", which they fly to Asia. Our bagages didn't get lost, nothing was horribly delayed.......

I fly AF at the end of the month to the US so I'll see I guess.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: