FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Joon (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1925734-joon.html)

breton1fr Aug 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Joon

Except for the uniform, I don't see difference with AF. Do you?

Great staff, same food than AF, same price.

Don't know why they spent so much money on this new brand.

AlvinMaker Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Joon targets 15-18% lower operational costs. Salaries of cabin crew are apparently up to 45% lower, while the pilots pool is shared.

http://www.air-journal.fr/2018-03-20...o-5196117.html

Goldorak Aug 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Medium-haul Y = BOB

bodory Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am

I took Joon for the first time last week to Rome. Very nice crew ; they were all very young so don't know whether it is related.
For the very first time since the past 2 years one cabin attendant came to thank me for being a loyal customer of AF/KL.
Did not try BoB since I had breakfast in the lounge.

Overall a great flight but I feel like breton1fr: from a customer perspective, no clue why they launched the airline.

Also the whole thing is pretty much confusing. Why some routes are served by Joon, some by AF and some by Hop? On the minus side it reduces the integration of SkyTeam benefits since Joon and Hop are not members.

Antonio8069 Aug 23, 2018 3:45 am

welcome Ben Smith

When I heard about Ben Smith's appointment as CEO, I immediately thought of AC Rouge.
There can be no doubt that Air France will use Rouge as its model for Joon. FTs can expect:
- older aircraft (767 in the case of Rouge);
- more IROPPS;
- promises broken (AC told its cabin crew they would be bridged to the mainline carrier!).
The fact he is Canadian is - honestly - the least of the challenges!

KLBGO Aug 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Reduced SkyTeam benefits? Does this mean that you can not enter a AFKL lounge if booked on Joon?

Goldorak Aug 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by KLBGO (Post 30121828)
Reduced SkyTeam benefits? Does this mean that you can not enter a AFKL lounge if booked on Joon?

JOON flights are only AF-coded so there is no problem accessing the lounge under the same condition than with any other AF flight.

Oxymore Aug 24, 2018 9:27 am

A bit puzzled: a few days ago, my flight that was supposed to be operated by Joon was switched to an AF A320 with AF crew and AF service (free sandwich in Y). No advance notice, and there was a full Joon cabin crew being transported as passengers on the flight, so my guess is that the Joon plane was not available and they had to reposition a Joon crew for the next day. No advance notice of the switch either. I'm certainly not complaining, but I found it a bit confusing.

catsniper75 Sep 27, 2018 9:17 am

Hello,

I just learned that PRG will switch from AF to Joon on 31.3.2019, just at the time when I will reach the STE+ level...
As I understood, SkyPrio / lounge and all Af perk apply even the Miles accrual chart, even the same fare policy (49 EUR for Mini fare...).
Still, as funny it can sounds, do they really consider skipping the included on-board food and replace it to BoB, even for STE+?

Are they at least upgrades for STE+ ? Not sure that the "Millenials" targeted are frequents flyers, so will J be empty?
Thanks

Zarmakuizz Sep 27, 2018 9:33 am

1) Correct
2) Upgrades with AF will work the same as before: only if Y is overbooked.

criced Sep 30, 2018 12:50 am

Stockholm ARN is also switching from Air France metal to Joon in 2019. Sad that AF will not be flying to Stockholm any longer.

Goldorak Sep 30, 2018 2:25 am

Originally Posted by criced (Post 30262348)
Sad that AF will not be flying to Stockholm any longer.

The same can be said for all destinations that have or will switch to Joon.

mtdd Oct 1, 2018 12:03 am

I have now flown Joon a handful of times CAI-CDG.

My conclusion, in a few words? Catering downgrade, sloping seats in J, as opposed to the beautiful 787 seats we used to have in AF metal; equal and in some cases increased fares, enthusiastic if sometimes over-attentive cabin crew. Not a lousy experience by any means - but definitely not up to the service level we used to enjoy on this route. On a final note, has anyone ever looked at the demographics of the average passenger load from Cairo? Staid middle aged, and in some cases geriatric passengers make up over half the payload - millenials? Really? Have you ever seen such a long queue of wheelchairs waiting for priority boarding, as you see at Cairo airport?

bodory Oct 1, 2018 4:43 am

Millenials were just a pretext. A pretext nobody understood by the way.

NickB Oct 1, 2018 6:30 am

Originally Posted by mtdd (Post 30265305)
Have you ever seen such a long queue of wheelchairs waiting for priority boarding, as you see at Cairo airport?

Yes: flights to/from India.