Wiki Posts
Search

La Première Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
La Première Seating

Can anyone suggest whether 2 E/F or 3 E/F is the better seating my wife and I are flying SFO to CDG

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Can anyone suggest whether 2 E/F or 3 E/F is the better seating my wife and I are flying SFO to CDG

Thanks in advance
There's not a lot of difference apart from either looking at the bulkhead or the seats in front. I always try for 3 and 2 L for Mrs.L and myself. We both want windows and have the other 364 days to talk to each other.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lloydah
There's not a lot of difference apart from either looking at the bulkhead or the seats in front. I always try for 3 and 2 L for Mrs.L and myself. We both want windows and have the other 364 days to talk to each other.

Thank you not a bad idea however we are limited on the two center rows. I chose 2 instead of three. 3 backing up to galley
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Entirely up to personal tastes. I actually find that putting the first-class cabin on the lower deck of the A380 not a good choice. already, the old first class seats are designed in such a way as they do not give a lot of privacy, but then on the other hand the layout of the cabinet with the big staircase in the middle really cuts the space and makes some of them feel awkwardly claustrophobic. If you are in a window seat in the second or third row, you really have no privacy. If you are in the window seat in the first row, you are still visible for everybody from behind, but on your right you have a wall. Just not nice.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Entirely up to personal tastes. I actually find that putting the first-class cabin on the lower deck of the A380 not a good choice. already, the old first class seats are designed in such a way as they do not give a lot of privacy, but then on the other hand the layout of the cabinet with the big staircase in the middle really cuts the space and makes some of them feel awkwardly claustrophobic. If you are in a window seat in the second or third row, you really have no privacy. If you are in the window seat in the first row, you are still visible for everybody from behind, but on your right you have a wall. Just not nice.
I too agree that FC on the main deck is not overly desirable We have flown biz a number of times and enjoyed it and it's on the upper deck. ( We actually prefer AF over BA in biz) Having said that I had the opportunity to get upgraded from Biz and always wanted to try it knowing it is AF!

Thanks for the comments
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Wink

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I too agree that FC on the main deck is not overly desirable We have flown biz a number of times and enjoyed it and it's on the upper deck. ( We actually prefer AF over BA in biz) Having said that I had the opportunity to get upgraded from Biz and always wanted to try it knowing it is AF!
Oh you prefer Premium Economy in AF over Business in BA ? Oh wait, this 2-2-2 configuration with lie-flat seats on an A380 is Business class, silly me
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by olivedel
Oh you prefer Premium Economy in AF over Business in BA ? Oh wait, this 2-2-2 configuration with lie-flat seats on an A380 is Business class, silly me
except that the writer says „we“, implying that they travel as a pair. In which case the configuration on the A380 with two seats next to each other may actually be preferable to the one on British Airways where you are staring at each other, and enjoying (or not) the miserable service. Between NEV4, which is installed on the later A380s, and BA Club World, I’d prefer the Air France experience. Only because BA is such a terrible airline these days. Views may differ.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
​​​​​​Indeed personal choice is the main factor here if fares are similar. I will always choose the old 380simply because of the openness of the cabin and the width of the downstairs as opposed to the upstairs configuration on others airlines. I can't get comfortable somehow with the cubical like partitions you find especially in ME airlines. The curtains on the AF 777s fit the bill perfectly if you can put up with the very small cabin where the only choice is the bulkhead. Horses for courses. The service remains just about perfect though whatever size the cabin is.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

except that the writer says „we“, implying that they travel as a pair. In which case the configuration on the A380 with two seats next to each other may actually be preferable to the one on British Airways where you are staring at each other, and enjoying (or not) the miserable service. Between NEV4, which is installed on the later A380s, and BA Club World, I’d prefer the Air France experience. Only because BA is such a terrible airline these days. Views may differ.
And I agree on BA
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Fair enough. The 2-2-2 configuration does not bother me much, just the non-full-flat seats on an 11-hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.