Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Any possible access to AF terminal E lounges when departing from terminal 2F ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I often use the AF 2F lounges when flying AF domestic or european Schengen flights.

I was wondering : is there any possibility, if your flight leaves from 2F, and if you have sufficient time, to go to terminal 2E to enjoy AF non schengen departure lounges ?

- Is it possible to go through immigration control if you don 't have a non Schengen bording pass ?
- Will AF personnel allow me to enter one of the terminal E lounges ?
- Will I be able to make my way back to terminal 2F ?

Many thanks in advance )

Guillaume
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I think immigration will stop you.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:04 am

You can't even use the 2F lounge on the other side of the terminal from where your flight leaves, but you think you can go to an entirely different terminal hall with immigration requirements and be let in without issue?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by CyBeR
You can't even use the 2F lounge on the other side of the terminal from where your flight leaves
In the 2 occasions I tried I was never denied access to the "opposite" lounge in 2F, while the dragon did mention there is a better lounge to use, I was still allowed in.
Andy82 and AlvinMaker like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:33 pm

I have a very similar question. I will arive at Terminal 2E soon in business Class from JFK and will be leaving CDG from Terminal 2F to Germany. Is there any possibility to use any of the 2E lounges?
I really don‘t like the 2F Lounge.

If I understand the recent comments here, this is Not possible, right?!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It defeats the purpose of partitioning the airport, and providing separate lounges in each partition, if customers can then just freely tour the various terminals and lounges.

Use the lounge provided for your gate.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It defeats the purpose of partitioning the airport, and providing separate lounges in each partition, if customers can then just freely tour the various terminals and lounges.
I can't possibly imagine that the airport is partitioned for the purpose of segregating lounge guests.

The problem is the general segregation of departing and arriving passengers, particularly as it relates to passport/border control, making it impractical to use a different lounge in this instance.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I can't possibly imagine that the airport is partitioned for the purpose of segregating lounge guests.
I neither said - nor implied - that that was the reason.

What I said was - having decided to partition the airport (and, further, having ensured that customers in each such partition had access to a lounge, thereby removing "lounge access" as a valid reason to "ignore" the partitioning), it doesn't make sense to allow people to "ignore" that partitioning, particularly for the sake of accessing a different lounge than the one they should use for their departure gate.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Shinji4u
I have a very similar question. I will arive at Terminal 2E soon in business Class from JFK and will be leaving CDG from Terminal 2F to Germany. Is there any possibility to use any of the 2E lounges?
I really don‘t like the 2F Lounge.

If I understand the recent comments here, this is Not possible, right?!
I actually did it recently on a 6hr connection between 2E and 2F to get a nap after a red-eye flight. I spent 3hrs in 2E and then get back to 2F for the remaining 2hrs.

You can access by scanning your boarding card (flight to germany) on the kiosk on the right side and access. However, as soon as you get to the counter to get access or request a shower, you will be told to go to 2F lounge.
Shinji4u and af fp like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I neither said - nor implied - that that was the reason.

What I said was - having decided to partition the airport (and, further, having ensured that customers in each such partition had access to a lounge, thereby removing "lounge access" as a valid reason to "ignore" the partitioning), it doesn't make sense to allow people to "ignore" that partitioning, particularly for the sake of accessing a different lounge than the one they should use for their departure gate.
I just love the numerous airports where that "partition" does not result in imposing a certain lounge on people. Paris CDG is very particular about people being allowed only in a the concourse/terminal you are leaving from. Other airports function on the principle "you go through security, you're clean, you can move freely in the post-security area(s)". Only constraint could be immigration/visa for some travelers. I often have the impression that in Paris they control and restict things under the pretext of "security" only because they can.
joyu12 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
If you arrive in either L or M in 2E, it is possible to visit the lounges in those concourses before you take the train/walk to 2F (AFAIK, it is not possible to do this if you arrive by bus or in Hall K). Once you clear security in M, you will need to head up the (unmarked) stairs into the main hall. If in L, you'll pass the lounge on your walk to 2F. The lounge agents typically say 'just make sure you have enough time' to make it to your connecting gate, keeping in mind you'll still need to clear passport control.
af fp and Shinji4u like this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Recently I connected from a Shengen flight to a non-Schengen flight and found it is easy to go from the 2L lounge to 2F, but going from 2F to 2L, I don’t think that immigration would let you go through without a non-shengen boarding pass (assuming you meet passport visa requirements). So I think the problem is not so much lounge segregation than Shengen/non-Shengen segregstion. Good to know you can sometimes use the 2L and 2M lounges before transfering to 2F though. I will try this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by AviationFreak
If you arrive in either L or M in 2E, it is possible to visit the lounges in those concourses before you take the train/walk to 2F (AFAIK, it is not possible to do this if you arrive by bus or in Hall K). Once you clear security in M, you will need to head up the (unmarked) stairs into the main hall. If in L, you'll pass the lounge on your walk to 2F. The lounge agents typically say 'just make sure you have enough time' to make it to your connecting gate, keeping in mind you'll still need to clear passport control.
hey there, is it really true that you can access the 2E lounges when you arrive in 2E before connecting to 2F?
I am connecting from SFO-CDG to CDG-GVA in Business and would like to check out the L lounge before going to 2F. (Have a long transit and would love a sauna!)
After arriving, is access to the departure level/area open or are the arrival and departure sides/levels kept separate and controlled by boarding pass check?
Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Plat
According to the informations you are quoting, it doesn't hurt to try. We would welcome more reports about whether it works or not.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
a case slightly different from OP's question, but that I post here for information : I did recently a connection from 2E-M to 2G. For this connection, when disembarking in M, you pass the regular 2E-M security (I mean the same as if you take a flight departing from M) and then you take a corridor on the left to reach the shuttle leading to 2G (where you clear immigration). But, once you passed security, nothing prevent you to take the escalator up and go to M lounge and take the shuttle to 2G later.
I don't see a particular interest doing this, as there is now a very decent lounge in 2G, but just in case someone is interested doing this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.