Wiki Posts
Search

Air France ( CDG-SJO ) - Economy Plus / Seat Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Air France ( CDG-SJO ) - Economy Plus / Seat Plus

All,

I am traveling to Costa Rica on August 17th. I have paid for an extra Seat Plus chair in a Boeing 777-200ER.

I have a question to everyone because I got lost.

On a AirFrance web page I can find those seat location

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...0-316-best.htm

But on SeatGuru I can find this seat location

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Fr...htno=430&date=

Which one is correct ? I would like to pay extra for row 11 ( seat L or K ) - location from SeatGuru website.
Is there are the same seat like on AirFrance webpage ( 8L or 8K ) ?

Additional question about seat quality. They are the same quality seats like in Economy or maybe they looks like downgradable Business seats ?

I am confused because AirFrance and SeatGuru giving me different information.
Can someone confirm or recommend those seats ?

Thx for any advice

Last edited by pjanet; Jul 21, 2018 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Air France site is right. Air France removes some business class seats in the summertime. Low demand for BC and higher for economy.
pjanet likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To OP : there is some kind of confusion in your post. What you call Economy Plus is called Premium Economy on AF. It is a separate class of service with specific fares and amenities. Seat+ is an Economy seat with more legroom (e.g. exit row, etc) or you have also seats at the front of the cabin and they charge a supplement on top of your economy fare if you want to book those seats.

Furthermore, tgv2 is right : during the peak summer travel period, they remove some J row and add some more Y seats between J and PE for some of the B777 fleet (those equipped with the BEST J seats). It is called “Quick Change”. And looking at your screenshots, I believe you are not comparing the same B777 configuration (AF has several config), as the numbering for the PE section shouldn’t change, for a given plane, between regular config and Quick Change config.
You said you paid a Seat+ option but also “I would like to pay extra for row 11 ( seat L or K ) - location from SeatGuru website”. Row 11 on SeatGuru map is premium economy. If you want to seat here, you have to book PE and not Y.
pjanet likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
To OP : there is some kind of confusion in your post. What you call Economy Plus is called Premium Economy on AF. It is a separate class of service with specific fares and amenities. Seat+ is an Economy seat with more legroom (e.g. exit row, etc) or you have also seats at the front of the cabin and they charge a supplement on top of your economy fare if you want to book those seats.

Furthermore, tgv2 is right : during the peak summer travel period, they remove some J row and add some more Y seats between J and PE for some of the B777 fleet (those equipped with the BEST J seats). It is called “Quick Change”. And looking at your screenshots, I believe you are not comparing the same B777 configuration (AF has several config), as the numbering for the PE section shouldn’t change, for a given plane, between regular config and Quick Change config.
You said you paid a Seat+ option but also “I would like to pay extra for row 11 ( seat L or K ) - location from SeatGuru website”. Row 11 on SeatGuru map is premium economy. If you want to seat here, you have to book PE and not Y.
let me clarify my question.

I have already bought a economy ticket for this flight but with no seats selection. I would like to pay extra and select one of available seats and I am willing to pay for it.

When I am opening my reservation on AF webpage I got different seats with different prices.

You are correct and status on red are Seats plus. I have found also different names.
My question is about quality if we already knows that seats map is correct based on AF webpage.

As you can see they are also yellow color which are less expensive than red. My question is ( about red color seats ) if they are normal as economy seats but only with more legs space.

Regards

Last edited by pjanet; Jul 24, 2018 at 11:55 pm
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pjanet
You are correct and status on red are Seats plus. I have found also different names.
My question is about quality if we already knows that seats map is correct based on AF webpage.

As you can see they are also yellow color which are less expensive than red. My question is ( about red color seats ) if they are normal as economy seats but only with more legs space.
Seats+ have more legroom while the yellow seats are just regular legroom seats but “at the front of the cabin” and AF thinks that they can get more money asking to pay extra for those but charging less than for a Seat+.
For the yellow seats, you can see on your seat map that there are some that are not at the front, and this is due to the Quick Change version I mentioned in my previous post (but I am surprised they do not transform those in regular seats for the Quick Change version).
So if you want to pay extra, definitely go for Seat+ and not for the yellow ones. And chose preferably those at exit rows.
pjanet likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Sorry to be off topic, but I can't believe they are flying with BEST config to SJU and NEV to ATL! Does not make any sense.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olivedel
Sorry to be off topic, but I can't believe they are flying with BEST config to SJU and NEV to ATL! Does not make any sense.
I can give you much more examples if you wish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.