Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming Flyingblue Miles on JAL Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Redeeming Flyingblue Miles on JAL Flight

Looking to use my miles (about 90K miles).
I was hoping if anyone here got experience on JAL redemption, if it possible to get direct LHR-HND flights using Flying Blue miles?
If so, how many miles and where to look for availability (part from phoning)?

I was clicking through there promo awards, have they change the system so that its start from either Paris or Amsterdam? (I need to pay extra for the inter EU flight?) For example I can find 50% promo PY CDG-ICN for 36000 miles, but LHR-CDG-ICN for 72000 miles.

Thanks in advance! Thanks again for all your previous help.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You will need to call. I would not expect you will be able to find a seat on the dates you want, though.

Promo Awards can be from anywhere in Europe, but when you are not starting from the AFKL hub in question, you are then requiring there to be space available not only on the longhaul flight on the day in question, but that there is a seat available on your short-haul flight too. Clearly, from your searches, this isn't always the case.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by silvercrow
Looking to use my miles (about 90K miles).
I was hoping if anyone here got experience on JAL redemption, if it possible to get direct LHR-HND flights using Flying Blue miles?
If so, how many miles and where to look for availability (part from phoning)?

I was clicking through there promo awards, have they change the system so that its start from either Paris or Amsterdam? (I need to pay extra for the inter EU flight?) For example I can find 50% promo PY CDG-ICN for 36000 miles, but LHR-CDG-ICN for 72000 miles.

Thanks in advance! Thanks again for all your previous help.
Yes, they changed the system recently.

Regarding the possiblility of a redemption of the direct LHR-HND JAL flight with FB miles, I highly doubt it. The partnership between JAL and AF/KLM will probably be limited to AMS/CDG flights to HND/NRT. So Flying Blue awards will be issued only on these flights...
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by thibderoc
Yes, they changed the system recently.

Regarding the possiblility of a redemption of the direct LHR-HND JAL flight with FB miles, I highly doubt it. The partnership between JAL and AF/KLM will probably be limited to AMS/CDG flights to HND/NRT. So Flying Blue awards will be issued only on these flights...
Agreed. And the cooperation between AF and JL is not as extensive as it was some years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.