Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Head purser greets everyone in Air France business class, except me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Head purser greets everyone in Air France business class, except me?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ilcannone
I'm sorry but no, I totally disagree with this concept completely. Policing attire on what is effectively public transport doesn't happen anywhere else (maybe bar the Orient Express which makes it an actual feature/requirement stipulated very clearly)

This utter snobbery from both airlines and passengers alike is absolutely ridiculous, whatever the etiquette/ticket prices/blah blah blah is.
It hapens everywhere. Restaurants, shops, hotels...

Where do you set the limit?

Bare chested OK?

Belly button nested in 50 pounds of fat OK?

Bare feet OK?

Etc.
af fp likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I don't need to set a limit, there are already laws about decency and health in food service establishments.

So long as other passengers' attire is not a health or safety hazard, I'm completely indifferent.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by davie355
I don't need to set a limit, there are already laws about decency and health in food service establishments.

So long as other passengers' attire is not a health or safety hazard, I'm completely indifferent.
Good manners are fortunately not set by law.
Goldorak and Carel1 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by davie355
I am definitely not on the same page as you
af fp, Carel1 and Wunk like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I don't think "French" and "polite" go together.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Many
This thread is going nowhere and should be closed now.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by bodory

Oh no don't say that, it was just about to start heading south on a one way ticket

Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Except for the post just before yours which is indeed offensive and off topic, wasn't people's behaviour in a closed environment was what this thread was about?

It is becoming an issue. Bad manners make life together difficult in general and even more so in a plane.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 6, 2018 at 3:26 am Reason: Shorten
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Andy49
Wont be allowed to take that bottle through security, perhaps he could have some onions instead?
Shouldn't it be garlic?

Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Shouldn't it be garlic?

Yes, I stand corrected, onion sellers always have a bike which we all know would be prohibited on board.

Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
It hapens everywhere. Restaurants, shops, hotels...

Bare chested OK?

Belly button nested in 50 pounds of fat OK?

Bare feet OK?

Etc.
A lack of clothes is a completely different kettle of fish to the style of clothes worn...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BobTL
Wearing appropiate clothing might have. And shorts and a t shirt is inappropriate flying business class. Dress for the occasion.
Since when? You can't be serious...

Good manners are fortunately not set by law.
Where do you see a link between wearing shorts and t-shirt in a place you are allowed to and good manners ?
Last time I checked J class is not a 3* restaurants..
Same goes for First.

The only dress etiquette of that kind is for non-rev passengers and problematic is completely different...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&More
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
OP here, in my case it means I don't look white, black or arab or north-african or tahitian etc (basically any of France's major demographics). If someone looks east-asian or indian etc, chances are high they aren't french (of-course, they might be, but we are playing the odds here).

This might be something only a person of color can understand - but often when such random slights happen (and they do happen), you wonder "now was this an honest mistake, or was it because I don't fit in with the rest of the crowd / because of my race". This is something that almost every person of color has likely experienced (if they're the minority in that country) and wondered in the back of their mind. Its not "playing the racism card", its simply life. Sometimes you get stopped by the cops randomly or get randomly stopped at customs while everyone else is flying through, and you wonder "now was that really random, or was it how I looked".

The same happened to me here. It could very well be that the purser was just greeting Platinum/Golds or whatever. But since the service was not equal to every passenger within the same cabin, it left a question in my mind. To avoid this, Air France should have a set standard.
Well I am not sure if it happened to me before. I don't pay attention to such things and I do not like small talk.

And indeed, it is simply life. Racism exists. Everywhere. Furthermore, nobody is forcing you to live in a country where you are a minority. And considering less than 10% of the population of the world is white there are a lot of countries where whites aren't the majority. You choose to live as a non-white minority in a white majority country. At least there is no systemic racism in the western/white world anymore, although affirmative action could be considered as systemic racism, like there is in the rest of the world. Where race and ethnicity still play a big role in regards to your rights, and whether you can be a citizen or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.