Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined AF/DL itinerary - no mobile BP?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Combined AF/DL itinerary - no mobile BP?

Checked in for my flight to NYC on AF and the connection flight next afternoon (<24 hours) on DL. I got a pdf boarding pass, but being bad with paper (tend to put them somewhere I don't find them when I need them) I prefer mobile BPs. Also, the CKI being done on AF the DL part of my trip does not show my KTN and TSAPre access.

Any experience with mobile BPs on mixed itineraries? First flight operated by AF, second by DL, Ticket on AF stock.

Also, can I still get a separate BP from Delta that *has* my KTN?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I had this config a "hundred times" departing CDG and I have never been able to have a mobile BP for the DL domestic leg. So, no hope for you
Old May 3, 2018, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I had this config a "hundred times" departing CDG and I have never been able to have a mobile BP for the DL domestic leg. So, no hope for you
OK, I get that for the Air France leg and the DL boarding pass obtained when checking in on Air France. Not a major issue, just a first world problem about preferring mobile to paper.

But will I get a mobile BP when checking in on DL app 24h before the DL flight starts? There it *does* make a difference, because that BP will have my TSAPre, which the AF-issued one does not. Any experience?
Old May 3, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
OK, I get that for the Air France leg and the DL boarding pass obtained when checking in on Air France. Not a major issue, just a first world problem about preferring mobile to paper.

But will I get a mobile BP when checking in on DL app 24h before the DL flight starts? There it *does* make a difference, because that BP will have my TSAPre, which the AF-issued one does not. Any experience?
My understanding of your situation is the following : you are departing from Paris on an AF flight (AF metal) and connecting in the US to a domestic DL flight, all in the same PNR. If yes, you will not obtain an electronic BP for the DL flight neither in the AF app (30 hrs before), nor in the DL app (24hrs before). The DL app will tell you something like "we found your reservation, but your check-in has to be handled by Air France". There was a period when the DL e-BP was loading in the DL app once you reached the US soil, but it's not the case anymore.

Also, FYI, there is another annoying problem with the DL app when flying DL/AF returning to France, that I have reported in the DL forum (but nobody has responded so far)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29698249-post17.html
Old May 3, 2018, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Goldorak for the heads-up.

Since Air France cancelled my US flight I went over on a different airline, and have re-purchased the US domestic ticket on DL as a stand-alone ticket. So the problem is "solved".

But it's good to know that there is this problem on joint AF-DL itineraries, because it basically means no TSAPre
Old May 3, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But it's good to know that there is this problem on joint AF-DL itineraries, because it basically means no TSAPre
Now that AF is participating to TSAPre, don't you think they can have the mention printed on the paper BP ? No personal exp, as I am not TSAPre. But when you connect in the US in one of the big hubs, TSAPre is not so interesting as there is very rarely a specific lane at security for TSAPre in the transit area (JFK is of course different because of the layout of the different terminals).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.