FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   FB Gold Third Party Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1905869-fb-gold-third-party-lounge.html)

NLNO Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm

FB Gold Third Party Lounge

Hello,

I will become Gold in a couple of months, and want to prepare what I can expect as a FB Gold. I understand FB Gold gives access to SkyTeam airline branded lounges when flying on a SkyTeam airline, but how about third party lounges? I travel a lot from DUS and BRU, will access be granted there if flying on KL, AF or DL? (I understand that it sometimes depends on airline)

I have searched everywhere online, but I can't seem to find any list that shows what passengers have access to different lounges.

Thank you all!

Goldorak Apr 24, 2018 2:27 pm

You will have access :
- to all lounges (whether they are AF/KL/Skyteam/partners/3rd party) when flying AF/KL domestic or international
- to Skyteam lounges/Skyteam partners lounges when flying a Skyteam airline internationally or domestic when in same-day connection to/from int’l

Sometimes, you don’t have access to 3rd party lounges when flying another Skyteam airline (in Y), but there are many cases where it works, so it worths to try.

NLNO Apr 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Thank you! Will one guest be allowed also at 3rd party lounges?

Goldorak Apr 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by NLNO (Post 29679499)
Thank you! Will one guest be allowed also at 3rd party lounges?

It depends. Hit and miss but definitely try.

UlyssesParis Apr 25, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 29679460)
You will have access :
- to all lounges (whether they are AF/KL/Skyteam/partners/3rd party) when flying AF/KL domestic or international

May I ask if this is a published benefit as a FB gold/plat for AF domestic flight without same-day international connection?

Goldorak Apr 25, 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by UlyssesParis (Post 29681806)
May I ask if this is a published benefit as a FB gold/plat for AF domestic flight without same-day international connection?

Yes, there is no restriction for AF/A5 domestic flights fro FB members. And if there were some, there would be no AF lounge in ORY Hall 2, BOD, LYS, etc

UlyssesParis Apr 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Indeed thank you! I had a doubt, looking into AF lounge access policy, specifying economy and FB gold or plat or ST E+, the info is the same "You can enjoy any one of the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges when you travel on an international flight with AIR FRANCE, KLM or SkyTeam". It would not make much sense for them to have lounges at ORY, LYS etc. except for people connecting in Paris (or Nice) to a same-day international flight.. Although that would be very restrictive indeed.

Fabo.sk Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by UlyssesParis (Post 29682994)
Indeed thank you! I had a doubt, looking into AF lounge access policy, specifying economy and FB gold or plat or ST E+, the info is the same "You can enjoy any one of the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges when you travel on an international flight with AIR FRANCE, KLM or SkyTeam". It would not make much sense for them to have lounges at ORY, LYS etc. except for people connecting in Paris (or Nice) to a same-day international flight.. Although that would be very restrictive indeed.

There are international flights from those airports as well, though probably not mainline.
Either way I think that is to mean that you are guaranteed a lounge on international flights, but not always on domestic, so they word it like this.

JorgeGomez Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by NLNO (Post 29679389)
Hello,

I will become Gold in a couple of months, and want to prepare what I can expect as a FB Gold. I understand FB Gold gives access to SkyTeam airline branded lounges when flying on a SkyTeam airline, but how about third party lounges? I travel a lot from DUS and BRU, will access be granted there if flying on KL, AF or DL? (I understand that it sometimes depends on airline)

I have searched everywhere online, but I can't seem to find any list that shows what passengers have access to different lounges.

Thank you all!

In DUS you have access to the Hugo-Junkers-Lounge with FB Gold. In BRU I don't know.

Nico40 Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez (Post 29683783)
In BRU I don't know.

Don’t remember lounge name in BRU but there’s an impressive variety of beers in the fridge :-)

Goldorak Apr 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez (Post 29683783)
In BRU I don't know.

As per Skyteam site :
- Diamond lounge A for AF, KL, UX, AZ, CZ
- Diamond lounge B for RO
​​​​​​​- Brussels airlines the suite lounge for ME
​​​​​​​

kprrr Apr 26, 2018 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Nico40 (Post 29684062)

Don’t remember lounge name in BRU but there’s an impressive variety of beers in the fridge :-)

I wouldn't mind if they'd have the same in Amsterdam and on board :D

Solevita Apr 26, 2018 2:13 am

Indeed the beers more than make up for the otherwise drab look of the lounge :)

wuzziduzziman Apr 26, 2018 11:38 pm

...and Leffe blonde on the tap:p

Mirk Apr 27, 2018 1:04 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman (Post 29688645)
...and Leffe blonde on the tap:p

when it's not empty...