Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Random date far in future not available in business? (Seattle - Paris)

Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Air France is starting their new Seattle - Paris nonstop service.
Business class is available for every single day, except on Tuesday Aug 22nd and Wed Aug 23rd (economy/prem-econ is available on those two dates, so the flight is running, and business class is available for every single day in the other direction)

It seems highly unlikely to me that the entire business class cabin is sold out just for those 2 dates so far in the future, when it is readily available for every single flight leaving otherwise (even last minute ones). On a random Tuesday & Wednesday no less (typically low-volume days).

What could possibly be going on, have folks seen something similar to this before? Is it just some revenue-management mistake that will eventually be fixed?

https://imgur.com/a/9BwXz

Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I think that you have a mistake on dates.
You probably mean Aug 21 and 22, not 22 and 23.
AF 772 only has 16 J seats. Apparently most seats are already assigned on those two days, so there is simply a group booking. Could be a "French" group attending a conference in SEA and returning on Aug 21/22 or a "US" group going for a conference on 21/22.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Miles and More
Seems to be available from airfrance.fr

Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by kubrick
Seems to be available from airfrance.fr

I can see availability on the DL flight but not on the AF flight (with US or FR POS).
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If 16 seats only, it means that this is the QuickChange config for the peak holiday summer travel. So, 16 seats are easily sold and, as Brunos said, a small group traveling for a conference or any other business is enough to fill completely the cabin.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks. I'm going to hope someone from this group booking drops out, since i was hoping to go on one of those two days, stupid luck of mine.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

The screenshot you posted shows nothing for 21, 22, 23. It also shows nothing for every Tuesday and Wednesday in September. Did you notice that? I don't know what booking site that is but it does not appear to be the Air France site.

Did you check Air France's own website to see what it showed? Kubrick indicates that it shows available on the Air France site.

There are many reasons why there might actually be no availability, not just group bookings. You have no way of knowing if that is the case or not but Air France does.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:22 am
Original Poster

In September the flight itself doesn't run daily, so it makes sense that business class doesn't show up.
In Auguest, the flight is running (available for sale in Economy and Premium Economy on every Tues-Wed, and available for business on every Tues-Wed except the ones I mentioned). Availability on airfrance's own website is the same.

I guess there's no way to know why those 2 dates aren't available, will just wait closer in if it opens up.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:37 am

Do you need more than 3 seats? Because on airfrance.fr it said 3 seats remaining for around 2200 USD each (see screenshot above from yesterday).

EDIT: please ignore, just realized it was Delta.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Do you need more than 3 seats? Because on airfrance.fr it said 3 seats remaining for around 2200 USD each (see screenshot above from yesterday).

EDIT: please ignore, just realized it was Delta.
I for one m glad AF has returned to SEA avoid DL at all cost
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:33 am

I got curious and read a review comparing DL and AF business class JFK-CDG on Points Guy, and it seems like they're neck and neck.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I got curious and read a review comparing DL and AF business class JFK-CDG on Points Guy, and it seems like they're neck and neck.
Prefer AF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.