Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
But I can tell you Paris is literally invaded by Chinese tourists (and not only Chinese)...
Statistics give a different message.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
I just phoned up the platinum line to see if I could get ti changed and gent told me that the strike had not been officially confirmed for the dates we are flying (26th June). He said wait and see so guess I will just have to do this.

Tried again yesterday (Sunday 17th) and nice lady had no problem changing our flights so we miss out Paris altogether. Now flying to Toronto direct from Amsterdam. Much better for us as it gets us in approx 5 hours earlier and also got better seats too. Thank you very much platinum line. ^
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Tried again yesterday (Sunday 17th) and nice lady had no problem changing our flights so we miss out Paris altogether. Now flying to Toronto direct from Amsterdam. Much better for us as it gets us in approx 5 hours earlier and also got better seats too. Thank you very much platinum line. ^
Did you have to pay a fare adjustment?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I am flying to HAM on the 22nd and back on the 24th. Waiver is indeed already implemented in the system, but all other flights (through KL, LH) are already full...
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Ms ok986 and me were on a Sunday evening CDG-AMS. In only a few clicks, we rebooked ourselves on the KL flight leaving 30 min later. No charge.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Satie
There is no fare adjustment as long as you rebook within the waiver dates (reissue ticket by 30 June for travel 16 June - 3 July).

Since there was no outbound availability on my original day of travel, I was able to change both outbound and return dates (even though the return was after 3 July), and switch co-terminals.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Satie
No fare adjustment had to be paid.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:36 am

I also got rebooked to KLM for free.

What baffles me is that these strikers are digging their own grave with striking so much. Even though i am a frequent flier and FB Platinum, I am truly avoiding AF if I can.

And now, many passengers will be rebooked to KLM and Delta, even external competitors. If you have a bit love for the company you work for, then there must be bad conscience.

Incroyable!!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:00 am
q

yes ... but for now, it is not yet known how many will eventually be on strike. There is always a possibility, no matter how small, that common sense will win ... this time?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation

Originally Posted by q
yes ... but for now, it is not yet known how many will eventually be on strike. There is always a possibility, no matter how small, that common sense will win ... this time?
Strike Suspended

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1JE2GF
looks like common sense has temporarily prevailed, Shocking that it is possible at Air France, I was watching closely as this strike was really close to my June flights.

This whole saga has ensured that I will never be on Air France again though....not until there are some real changes at AF (Doubt its possible)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:04 am
q

Remember that, in the end, one way or the other, many people have an influence on how things are going. IMO it is a mistake to make "extreme" general assumptions.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Only the minority pilot union SPAF has maintained the strike for 23-26 june. SNPL (majority pilot union) has issued a directive not to replace striking SPAF pilots:
Consigne de non-substitution SPAF | Syndicat National des Pilotes de Ligne (SNPL)

It appears that the current AF board has withdrawn the raise proposal (3.65% over two years), so we are back to the original position.
Any improvement is left to the new top management, to be appointed in July (hopefully). Hence, probably no significant strike for the next few weeks.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:21 am

Thumbs up

At someones suggestion here I used the Air France mobile app to get strike updates last night.

Office was closed when I called but the Facebook link, of course, was not. They got back to me in approx 30 minutes and said our San Francisco to Paris tomorrow (June 22nd) and Orly to Biarritz (June 23rd) should be unaffected.

Looked and looked at the regular AF Facebook page (there are several) and found no strike updates at all.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Some...
As Brunos has pointed out, the main union has withdrawn the strike. Only a minority union maintained the strike. There will probably be a very limited number of pilots from this union on strike and AF is able to operate as usual (Pilots have an individual 48h notice requirement to tell AF when they will be on strike). Therefore, no need to advertise about the strike between June 23rd /26th.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by thibderoc
As Brunos has pointed out, the main union has withdrawn the strike. Only a minority union maintained the strike. There will probably be a very limited number of pilots from this union on strike and AF is able to operate as usual (Pilots have an individual 48h notice requirement to tell AF when they will be on strike). Therefore, no need to advertise about the strike between June 23rd /26th.
While not going to be using AF 6/23 through 6/26 in the past I have purchased refundable back up tickets with other carriers just in case (I think we all agree anything could/can happen).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.