Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

No, it’s Anne-Marie Couderc.

If you read my post carefully, I indicated that Anne-Marie IDRAC was elected by the General Assembly this month as Director ("administrateur"). I believe that this was the only vacancy at the time and she had already been co-opted in November 2017.The Chairman needs to be elected among Directors and there needs to be a vacancy to appoint (even co-opt) a new Director. SO the future Chairman will have to take Janaillac position. This is a technicality, but that means that the Government cannot bypass the Board and there can be some dissention between government appointees, employee appointees and others.

From what I heard Idrac still has a good chance.

PS: fun, two Anne-Marie

Last edited by brunos; May 23, 2018 at 7:13 am
Old May 23, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by brunos
They already got a lot.
Well... they may have knocked out the guards of Fort Knox, but they still don't have the code to the safe. Their salaries are still the same as before... oh no, hang on, they were actually on strike to change government policies on taxes, charges and on competition. But that also hasn't changed.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Well... they may have knocked out the guards of Fort Knox, but they still don't have the code to the safe. Their salaries are still the same as before... oh no, hang on, they were actually on strike to change government policies on taxes, charges and on competition. But that also hasn't changed.
You are right. The unions and an informal vote both rejected the plan proposed by AF management, so that are back to the start point Except that AF profits and pax got a big hit.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
You are right. The unions and an informal vote both rejected the plan proposed by AF management, so that are back to the start point Except that AF profits and pax got a big hit.
What a blow to what was once a decent airline. France needs AF....
Old May 23, 2018, 7:16 pm

I got caught in the strike, and had our return flight cancelled CDG > IAH. I've been having an impossible time getting our trip insurance to cover the trip delay because of the strike, and wondering if anyone else is having this problem. The tickets were purchased with Chase Sapphire Reserve card, but they are not approving the claim because they don't like the "certificate" that Air France provides, certifying the flight cancellation. The document says this:
Proof of flight cancelation
Air France hereby certifies that:
Flight AF 636 on 18 April 2018, from Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France to
Houston, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) TX - United States Of America
originally scheduled at 10h10, has been canceled.
Paris, 23 April 2018.
Air France Customer Service

Chase will not accept the certificate because it doesn't include WHY the flight was cancelled. I've provided 10 other documents, including copies of the boarding passes from the flight we were moved to the next day, and everything they have asked for, so not sure what to do here. As an aside, this is my first time ever having to use a credit card travel protection benefit and I didn't expect it to be this much of a problem. Anyone else having this problem with their insurance?
Old May 24, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
I had a call with the FB call center. And by the way I asked if there is anything new about strikes. The agent told me that they are expected new strikes the next week but nothing is safe at this moment. So we will see. I have a flight CDG-PTY on June 1th. and hope that the strike not again is destroying my plans.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Travlur
I got caught in the strike, and had our return flight cancelled CDG > IAH. I've been having an impossible time getting our trip insurance to cover the trip delay because of the strike, and wondering if anyone else is having this problem. The tickets were purchased with Chase Sapphire Reserve card, but they are not approving the claim because they don't like the "certificate" that Air France provides, certifying the flight cancellation. The document says this:
Proof of flight cancelation
Air France hereby certifies that:
Flight AF 636 on 18 April 2018, from Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France to
Houston, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) TX - United States Of America
originally scheduled at 10h10, has been canceled.
Paris, 23 April 2018.
Air France Customer Service

Chase will not accept the certificate because it doesn't include WHY the flight was cancelled. I've provided 10 other documents, including copies of the boarding passes from the flight we were moved to the next day, and everything they have asked for, so not sure what to do here. As an aside, this is my first time ever having to use a credit card travel protection benefit and I didn't expect it to be this much of a problem. Anyone else having this problem with their insurance?
That's appalling!! I have used Chase coverage before and it was through Chubb and actually got a full refund on a vacation home rental canceled because of a hurricane threat. I was like $8K! Got the check in 45 days and they apologized for the delay. That was last year. I have not used it for a canceled flight as of yet (the AF tickets I purchased were refundable and my flights actually went as scheduled). Can't you get AF to add something to the certificate? Also it is/was all over the news, you would think it would be obvious. Sounds like they are playing games. Please let me know what happens.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Just another classical day of dealing with insurance companies, I’m afraid...

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
I had a call with the FB call center. And by the way I asked if there is anything new about strikes. The agent told me that they are expected new strikes the next week but nothing is safe at this moment. So we will see. I have a flight CDG-PTY on June 1th. and hope that the strike not again is destroying my plans.
I find quite surprising that a FB agent could say that while no new strike has been announced. I think future strikes are relatively likely, but not next week.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC MM
I know there probably isn't a clear answer to this question but I'll ask anyway.
Historically, how likely would it be for AF to strike during the busy summer months of July & August?
It looks like SNCF usually doesn't go on strike during the busy season but I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason with AF.

I have an award booking, one way from YVR to TLS on July 2nd and wonder if I should just cancel it since there would only be a small penalty to re-credit my miles and book on another carrier since right now I would still have options and by the time they announce strikes and allow cancellation or re-booking, choices might be limited or even non-existent during one of the busiest times of the year.

Last edited by yvrcnx; May 26, 2018 at 8:57 pm
Old May 25, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I find quite surprising that a FB agent could say that while no new strike has been announced. I think future strikes are relatively likely, but not next week.
I was also surprised. But he said that he had the information that the unions are planning next week a strike. But he mentioned also that nothing is safe because this week will be a meeting from AF with the unions. And this meeting the unions want to wait before announcing something.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
Yes, we have a trip to CDG on AF on June 11th and I've been watching for word of strikes as well. It's been quiet, but that can only last for so long. Perhaps they will try to negotiate with the new ceo before resuming strikes?
Old May 25, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by casperthegm
Yes, we have a trip to CDG on AF on June 11th and I've been watching for word of strikes as well. It's been quiet, but that can only last for so long. Perhaps they will try to negotiate with the new ceo before resuming strikes?
There is an interim CEO who has been on the AFKL group Board for a while. The negotiating team at AF (including its CEO) has not changed. I personally doubt that there will be any position change on AFKL side. That is unless the Government pushes for a change, whoever the group CEO is.
That's pure speculation on my part.

Last edited by brunos; May 25, 2018 at 9:15 pm
Old May 25, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by nomad420
That's appalling!! I have used Chase coverage before and it was through Chubb and actually got a full refund on a vacation home rental canceled because of a hurricane threat. I was like $8K! Got the check in 45 days and they apologized for the delay. That was last year. I have not used it for a canceled flight as of yet (the AF tickets I purchased were refundable and my flights actually went as scheduled). Can't you get AF to add something to the certificate? Also it is/was all over the news, you would think it would be obvious. Sounds like they are playing games. Please let me know what happens.
Good news for me, finally got it resolved. For the last month I have been getting the same response from them:
"Our records indicate that additional information is needed to further process the claim. Please assist by providing the statement from the Common Carrier verifying the cause of delay. We attempted to obtain this on your behalf, but our search was unsuccessful."
I sent them a much more strongly worded email (but still professional) about how I had provided every document they asked for, I can't force AF to change their official document, and I felt like they were doing everything possible to avoid paying a legitimate claim. I ended with "I respectfully ask you to reconsider the acceptance of the documents I have already provided."
I just got a canned email response from them that my claim was now approved.
It was not for a lot anyway, $500 per person (it was just me and my wife). Anyway, glad to finally be done with it.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:06 pm

Good news for me, finally got it resolved. For the last month I have been getting the same response from them:
"Our records indicate that additional information is needed to further process the claim. Please assist by providing the statement from the Common Carrier verifying the cause of delay. We attempted to obtain this on your behalf, but our search was unsuccessful."
I sent them a much more strongly worded email (but still professional) about how I had provided every document they asked for, I can't force AF to change their official document, and I felt like they were doing everything possible to avoid paying a legitimate claim. I ended with "I respectfully ask you to reconsider the acceptance of the documents I have already provided."
I just got a canned email response from them that my claim was now approved.
It was not for a lot anyway, $500 per person (it was just me and my wife). Anyway, glad to finally be done with it.
Great to here and glad it finally worked out. More than a little surprised with there initial response given my experience with them. If they are still using Chubb they are supposedly a good stand up company.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
Great to here and glad it finally worked out. More than a little surprised with there initial response given my experience with them. If they are still using Chubb they are supposedly a good stand up company.
I didn't deal with Chubb at all. My contact was with Allianz, so maybe they changed providers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.