Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wanna swap your NEV for EuroAtlantic 777, operating for Norwegian? I'll take it
Just think that you have been downgraded to PE.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All in all, yes, slight chaos at AF. They basically told me that their program was final when it wasn't. Admittedly, less chaos than in the past, but still.
To be honest, in a strike situation, a last minute hitch is always a possibility. You may well know how many staff will be striking or not and plan on that basis but staffing will be tight and any mishap that might in normal times be manageable through, e.g., reserve/on-call/volunteer staff may be more difficult on a strike day. It might genuinely have been the final programme but a final programme does not mean a programme which is immune to mishaps.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NickB
To be honest, in a strike situation, a last minute hitch is always a possibility. You may well know how many staff will be striking or not and plan on that basis but staffing will be tight and any mishap that might in normal times be manageable through, e.g., reserve/on-call/volunteer staff may be more difficult on a strike day. It might genuinely have been the final programme but a final programme does not mean a programme which is immune to mishaps.
I agree, there can always be last minute changes. It just appears that the official word from AF came only at 14h30 (published later than that), when individual agents already told customers that all was updated. Some misconnect there.

But all in all less chaotic than usually I have the impression. And for me the great opportunity to discover a new carrier!
Old May 3, 2018, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Well, will see how AF1666 CDG-FLR goes on the 4th... AS issued so may make this interesting.
And its cancelled.

At the arrivals lounge this morning they rebooked us on AF1666 on the 5th. Looks like AF will be picking up a few expenses for the extra involuntary day in Paris. There are worse places to be stuck.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:53 pm

My flight from CDG to NCE on May 4th got cancelled and AF put us on a connection flight by Alitalia from CDG->FCO->NCE
Old May 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
y, I would never take the risk of having NEV.
Wanna swap your NEV for EuroAtlantic 777, operating for Norwegian? I'll take it
Don't laugh, but guess what I got on the Norwegian-opreated-by-Euro-Atlantic flight from ORY to EWR: NEV4 seats! Seriously. Not sure whether those were decommissioned ones from Air France, or seats that had been produced by AF and then never used because they rolled out BEST, but it was the exact same seat. Without the in-seat screen, no remote control, no call button for FA, no ceiling lamp - but the same seat. Although I do not seem to remember that there was a wide (15 centimetre?) gap between the seat and the foot rest that is underneath the seat in front. Not sure this is also the case on AF or whether EuroAtlantic has put in seats with more "legroom"

Sorry for the off-topic, but this was really ironic.
Xizm likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't laugh, but rather happy for you.
If that's the kind of seat they use for PE, that is going to be a bargain.
Was this a DY aircraft with DY livery?
I saw that they are leasing 777s, It seems to come from Euroatlantic airways:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...newark-in-s18/
Old May 4, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
AirFrance staff consultation on the proposed pay agreement: with a participation rate of 80,33%, the result of the vote is “No” at 55,44%.
Oh well...
Old May 4, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by brunos
I don't laugh, but rather happy for you.
If that's the kind of seat they use for PE, that is going to be a bargain.
Was this a DY aircraft with DY livery?
I saw that they are leasing 777s, It seems to come from Euroatlantic airways:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...newark-in-s18/
Final off-topic post so as not to hijack this thread where people are looking for useful information (not blaming you brunos, merely myself), and who knows, maybe someone else will find this useful:
indeed, plane was a EuroAtlantic 777, hence my previous posts full of fear that I'll get some worn out 20 year old plane that is used for Hajj pilgrimages or for flying football hooligans. At least, with a Norwegian 787, I would have "known" (=easier to find out) what I'd get. So, this EuroAtlantic 777 was opreating for DY, cockpit and cabin crew were Portuguese, announcements made in English and French, always citing Norwegian. Seats in Premium Economy were NEV4 (with that hole between the seat surface and the foot rest, which I don't remember if AF has/had that as well), without IFE screen, without remote control, no FA call button, no ceiling lamp. Blankets but no pillows. IFE was streamed through onboard WiFi, which I didnt' use, little in-ear-headsets were given out with Norwegian logo. In the bathrooms, some refreshment towels with Norwegian logo. Drinks service then dinner with choice of beef, chicken, fish. Didn't have it, but saw around me that it basically was a little cardboard box with everything in it (starter, main, desert) and plastic cutlery. All in all perfectly survivable and it solved my scheduling problem, basically I had no other choice. Would I do it again? Given a choice, I'd still prefer AF.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
Oh well...
Will the CEO leave now as he had announced? We are in the grey zone mentioned by brunos earlier

EDIT 10 seconds later after pressing "submit" on this post: yes he does, French press just reported.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Will the CEO leave now as he had announced? We are in the grey zone mentioned by brunos earlier

EDIT 10 seconds later after pressing "submit" on this post: yes he does, French press just reported.
Yes. It’s going to be a biiiiig challenge to find a new captain for this sinking ship...oh wait, maybe someone at the unions wants to take over the helm

Last edited by Zembla; May 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Old May 4, 2018, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
When can I realistically expect to know if my May 8 flights will operate?
Old May 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by sts603
It's certain that May 8 flights will operate. The question is, which ones. Wether the strike is called off entirely it's probably announced tomorrow.

Last edited by Zembla; May 4, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Old May 4, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
Air France releases the flight plan always the day before. However, keep an eye on their website saying whether they have updated all the information as things will be moving throughout May 7.

Of course, if the May 8th strike is called off entirely then all flights will operate. That as well will be published on the AF website, and certainly forum members here that receive news flash updates from the French press will also post it on this forum.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Air France releases the flight plan always the day before. However, keep an eye on their website saying whether they have updated all the information as things will be moving throughout May 7.

Of course, if the May 8th strike is called off entirely then all flights will operate. That as well will be published on the AF website, and certainly forum members here that receive news flash updates from the French press will also post it on this forum.
thats really unacceptably short notice.

What are the chances it gets called off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.