Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Old Apr 8, 18, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by hermanmhire View Post
Air France appears to be following the rail union projected strike calendar. Thus far AF has projected strikes days through April 24 with April 28, May 3 and May 4 being the next possible strike dates. Should the rail union strike continue, and Air France continue to pattern its strike dates after the rail union schedule, then those dates (28, 3 and 4) would follow. It will be important to continue to monitor the negotiations between the French government and the union workers who are demanding salary increases greater than the government is willing to grant.
As I saw in the mentioned calender only on april 23th. and 24th. AirFrance and the rail union strikes on the same dates. All other days are different. The calander only shows that the rail union wants to strike on may 4th. So for me I cannot see that Airfrance maybe will be on strike on may 4th. So let's see what will happen the next days.
Old Apr 8, 18, 9:16 pm

I agree. We must monitor the situation closely and see what further action AF takes in the coming days. I, for one, do not wish to be stranded in St. Petersburg without an alternative way to return to Paris before my tourist visa expires, and no American Consulate to assist me in St. Petersburg.
Old Apr 9, 18, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Was chatting with my AF contact in HK. Said that the flight cancellations (HK had its flight cancelled in the past three strike days) created real problems in terms of FA/pilots allocation post strike days. Also for rerouting pax, as this was a very heavy travel season here and flights were packed with local Easter holidays.
Quite worried about two consecutive days of strikes.
Apparently AF188 CDG-HKG is already cancelled for 11 April, but not AF185 HKG-CDG 12 April, which is weird.

Update: AF188 on 10 April and 185 on 11 April are now zeroed out. Bad news

Last edited by brunos; Apr 9, 18 at 8:58 am Reason: updated
Old Apr 9, 18, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, Delta Gold
Was scheduled to fly AF84 tomorow Apr 10, that is canceled. Rerouted to SFO via LAX with arrival over 8 hrs later, insisted on earlier arrival, so got rerouted through FRA with arrival about 20 mins later into SFO and only one transfer again.

30 mins later, I get notification about strike at german aiports, so final re-route is through LHR and onward with VS Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited by honzeek_cz; Apr 9, 18 at 8:59 am Reason: Another strike :D
Old Apr 9, 18, 10:44 am

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz View Post
Was scheduled to fly AF84 tomorow Apr 10, that is canceled. Rerouted to SFO via LAX with arrival over 8 hrs later, insisted on earlier arrival, so got rerouted through FRA with arrival about 20 mins later into SFO and only one transfer again.

30 mins later, I get notification about strike at german aiports, so final re-route is through LHR and onward with VS Looking forward to trying it.
Boy am I glad I rebooked my AF83 flight on the tenth over to delta metal via Seattle for today. Looks like both SFO flights are cancelled on the 10th
Old Apr 9, 18, 11:04 am

Our nightmare scenario continued yesterday with a final conclusion. Our flight was cancelled due to the strike. We rebooked ourselves on a 10am flight Sunday. We arrive at CDG only to find out the flight is already delayed until 3:30pm local time - already 5 hours! The airport is chaos and Air France is totally unhelpful. They send me to Delta ticketing since this is a Delta flight. They have no information and are equally as unhelpful. However, as a final idea, I ask if there are any flights from Orly. Turns out there is a 2:30pm flight - Air France. The folks there have NO interest in rebooking me and recommend I dont do it (the traffic, changing the ticket is hard, blah blah). Finally, I push an they do it. Its an hour taxi ride but experience tells me that if that flight at CDG is already 5 hours late it is either going to be further delayed or canceled. We go to Orly and leave on time - 4.5 hours later than scheduled. I checked today and the CDG flight left 6 hours late - which means including time before the flight people waited 8 hours and then took an 8 hour flight.
Old Apr 9, 18, 11:25 am

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum

Old Apr 9, 18, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck View Post

Boy am I glad I rebooked my AF83 flight on the tenth over to delta metal via Seattle for today. Looks like both SFO flights are cancelled on the 10th
I first tried to go for one stop before exploring other options. Will avoid AF in future for sure, however I already have 3 longhaul business class with them in next 5 months booked already.
Old Apr 9, 18, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
honzeek_cz

Was that an AF issued (057) ticket? I have upcoming AF flights DUS-CDG-LAX but on DL (006) ticket stock. Wonder whether DL will be as accommodating as AF and route via non Skyteam airlines?
Old Apr 9, 18, 5:23 pm

Yes, it was 057 ticket. Both LAX flights seems to be ok for tomorrow though.

Originally Posted by darkside1957 View Post
honzeek_cz

Was that an AF issued (057) ticket? I have upcoming AF flights DUS-CDG-LAX but on DL (006) ticket stock. Wonder whether DL will be as accommodating as AF and route via non Skyteam airlines?
Old Apr 9, 18, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Yes, it was 057 ticket. Both LAX flights seems to be ok for tomorrow though.
Thanks. Yeah I saw the LAX flights seem to be operating tomorrow. I'm not flying this week though
Old Apr 9, 18, 9:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
This is one of the reasons I never have Air France as my first choice airline and always use KLM and Schiphol when possible.

The other reason being the terrible airport that is CDG, which must be the joint worst major airport in Europe (along with Heathrow).
Old Apr 9, 18, 9:46 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
This is why I quit flying AF from SFO 8 years ago. One strike too many. One CDG bit of chaos one too many times. Now I fly LX. Zurich is a magnificently efficient airport. LX never goes on strike. It is too bad in that finally AF is installing competitive seats in C, but as long as AF dissembles and CDG remains in the grip of the CGT, I cannot imagine going back.
Old Apr 10, 18, 11:46 am

I have an early morning flight from an out station to CDG (JOON) on Thursday April 12, which is still showing normal ops but the inbound flight the night prior is showing canceled already. Do I have to wait until I get a notification that my flight is affected before I can do anything? I have a relatively tight connection for a TATL to the west coast.
Old Apr 10, 18, 3:19 pm

Hi all!

what can I do? I was supposed to fly SCL-CDG-ZRH tomorrow. Flight got cancelled. I cant reach anyone here on the phone in Chile - the line is always busy. They ignore my mails. It is not possible to rebook online as all the flights I selected were full after my selection and now Im not even shown the possibility to change anything. It is not possible to send a message via facebook. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Search this Thread
Search Engine: