Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
There was a hard pilot strike in the Summer of 2016 and AF yielded completely, in big part pressured by the Government. AF pilots basically took control of the company and its restructuring plans. They capped the development of Transavia France and since forced AF to use AF pilots for Joon.
Bolding is mine
I think you are confusing with another strike here. The summer 2016 one was a PNC strike which was not too long even if of course it had some effects. The hard pilot strike was in september 2014 (2 weeks strike) but they obtained almost nothing IIRC. It was a real fiasco for SNPL even if they never admitted it publicly to not loose face.

Last edited by Goldorak; Apr 2, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I've put in a compo claim for my cancelled SIN-CDG on 31/03, flying a day early meant losing one night of unrecoverable apartment fees, my long distance calls to the VIP line in the UK plus I had to cancel a meeting that was important for me. I don't expect to receive anything but you gotta be in it to win it

Edit: Just had a call from the UK support centre; I got the full EUR800 voucher plus another for £88 to cover the apartment fees lost. Result ^

Last edited by rosensfole; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:10 am Reason: Update on success
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Bolding is mine
I think you are confusing with another strike here. The summer 2016 one was a PNC strike which was not too long even if of course it had some effects. The hard pilot strike was in september 2014 (2 weeks strike) but they obtained almost nothing IIRC. It was a real fiasco for SNPL even if they never admitted it publicly to not loose face.
Sorry, typo. I meant 2014 not 2016.
There are different readings of the 2014 pilot strike.
Despite some victory claims by AF management, the pilots won their major point. They blocked the Transavia Europe project.and showed that their strength was devastating. They did not get the "unique" pilot contract, but that was mostly symbolic.
They showed that they could co-manage the company's development.
AF management never risked to antagonize pilots again by hiring pilots under a different contract for Joon, making the lower cost concept for Joon somewhat unbalanced.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:04 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
I was scheduled on AF83 on the April 10.

decided not to take any chances and had no problem having delta rebook me on delta meta via Seattle.

its been 20 years since I lived in Paris, somehow I had blacked out the memories of the strikes during the spring. It will be my wife’s first trip to france so she will get the true experience
rickg523 likes this.

Last edited by kiwicanuck; Apr 3, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:45 am

Do Rail Strikes cause any airport/operations disruptions? We are connecting at CDG (flights on 4/12 and 4/13) which are not AF strike dates but are listed as rail strike days.
I haven't experienced these in years and don't know if this is of any concern given that we do not need rail service. TIA.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:50 am

AF strike 30 March, 3, 7, 10 & 11... and now 17, 18, 23, 24 April
https://fr.reuters.com/article/compa.../idFRL5N1RH58U

They're mimicking the SNCF here...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by Mickidon
Do Rail Strikes cause any airport/operations disruptions? We are connecting at CDG (flights on 4/12 and 4/13) which are not AF strike dates but are listed as rail strike days.
I haven't experienced these in years and don't know if this is of any concern given that we do not need rail service. TIA.
While not necessarily disrupting air operations, they can certainly disrupt people's travels to or from the airport -- especially if the RER B is impacted -- or the TGV line at CDG.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AF185 to HKG has been cancelled again., like on 23 and 30 March. Lots of unhappy cookies here as the rerouting for AF188 HKG-CDG normally departing late evening on 4 April implied one-stop reroute on the noon KL flight (means one lost day of work in HK). CX flights were full due to Easter holidays in the region and CX is the big competitor to AF, so no love relation there. A friend got rerouted via China (he has visa), no fun either.
Three cancellation in some ten days, AF is losing a lot of future premium bookings.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I have a booking to JNB in La Premiere coming up that I wish to cancel on the back of the industrial action. As I had amended the booking I am not given the opportunity to cancel via the website. I have filled in a refund claim form on the website and submitted it 48 hours ago. An automated response was received telling me that they were busy and I should make changes on the website (!). Has anybody an idea of how long it is currently taking to get a response? I am reluctant to call at the moment as I do appreciate that the strike and dealing with urgent requests will be keeping them busy and my request is not urgent at the moment.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe the title should be changed to include the forthcoming strikes on 17, 18, 23 and 24 April.
Air France : de nouvelles grèves les 17, 18, 23 et 24 avril
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
AF 166 CDG-BKK on Apr 7 cancelled . Called the Platinum line and only alternative offered on 7 is via Mumbai adding 6 hours to the trip ... I was told AF no longer allows rerouting on other airlines . Had to setlle for AF 166 on Apr 8 . Icing on the cake the plane is now with old seats instead of new seats ... If that's the best they can do for a Lifetime Plat in C , I wouldn't want to be the average AF customer in Y .
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Maybe the title should be changed to include the forthcoming strikes on 17, 18, 23 and 24 April.
Air France : de nouvelles grèves les 17, 18, 23 et 24 avril
Just saw it this morning. I'm checking the AF app every morning. Because I have flight on Tuesday, May 1.
​​​​
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:00 pm

Air France on strike! Negotiation help...

Air France is on strike Saturday. Our flight to JFK is in jeopardy. Anyone have any experience on how to best negotiate in this situation? How do we best handle it?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
This is getting absurd, really.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Partner's travelling from MAN via CDG on the 24th... Maybe she'll end up joining me on the 25th instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.