Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I thought that HOP was not affected by the periodic strikes. But I see that the HOP flights I booked under HOP code are now "operated by AF". So I guess that is susceptible to strike?

Last edited by brunos; Jun 9, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
I thought that HOP was not affected by the periodic strikes. But I see that the HOP flights I booked under HOP code are now "operated by AF". So I guess that is susceptible to strike?
A new strike has been announced for 23 to 26 June.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1J42MS
http://www.snpl.com/bureaux_entrepri...cts/lire/6515/

COuld the mods change the title of this thread to include it, or should we open a new one?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Thai
So I have a June 23rd AF flight from Paris to Rome. The tickets are Non-Refundable. With a strike looming for the 23rd, what are the chances AF will let me cancel that flight for a refund so I can rebook on Alitalia and not have to sweat not getting to Rome that day?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Cameron38
So I have a June 23rd AF flight from Paris to Rome. The tickets are Non-Refundable. With a strike looming for the 23rd, what are the chances AF will let me cancel that flight for a refund so I can rebook on Alitalia and not have to sweat not getting to Rome that day?
they will not let you cancel it and proceed to refund now. Only closer to the date, if the strike is confirmed. Let AF handle everything. You will go to Rome the day you have planned, one way or another.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yuck. Flying BIO-CDG-JFK-BOS in La Premiere on 6/23. I hope this will work out as planned ... else I will push really hard that they re-book my on LH or LX.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Finally a weekend where I get an AF Strike!
Will be flying ZRH-CDG-DUS and back on AF/Hop!. Do you think I can preemptively convince the PSL to rebook me on KL flights now? When should I wait for that?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I really wonder when this is going to stop
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
How does strike action affect options for my return flight? AF

I have an outbound flight from MAN to PUF via CDG on 25th June that looks like it will be affected by strike action with AF. The return journey on 29th June looks fine for now. PUF is a hard place to get to and the flights I have booked were about my only option to get there in time for an important meeting so I need to take the jeopardy out of the situation and make alternative arrangements. My question is, what will happen to my return journey if AF cannot offer me a decent alternative to my outbound flight? Do I have to accept a refund and the return journey is lost? Or can I take the train to Pau and still catch my return flight.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It will depend on how AF manages it for you. That said, skipping a segment without getting it removed from the itinerary by the airline is generally a great way to lose all onward segments.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Will the AF strikes affect CityJet services?

Will the AF strikes scheduled for end of June 2018 affect CityJet services? I am flying through CDG on a AF ticket but on BE and CityJet operated services.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
It will depend on how AF manages it for you. That said, skipping a segment without getting it removed from the itinerary by the airline is generally a great way to lose all onward segments.
That's what I thought.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by roberino
Will the AF strikes scheduled for end of June 2018 affect CityJet services?
no
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:49 pm

Looks like flight is going to be cancelled on June 23rd by looking at the history for my flight for the past few strikes. What should I do at this point? call and ask them to cancel for me and book a different airline asap?
I heard they are going to negotiate on June 14th, you guys think will not turn around or should i just wait
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Does anybody know if the Amsterdam - Paris flights were cancelled during the last round of strikes. My wife and I have flights booked from Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Paris-Toronto on Tuesday 26th June so a bit concerned. I fly back to Amsterdam from Moscow on the 24th so I will check with the flying blue team to see if they can put us on a direct Amsterdam to Toronto flight but not sure if they would do that without confirmation of any actual cancellations.

I know its a crazy routing but the price was amazing (well under 300 GBP) and it was quite decent with the XP's.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Does anybody know if the Amsterdam - Paris flights were cancelled during the last round of strikes. My wife and I have flights booked from Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Paris-Toronto on Tuesday 26th June so a bit concerned. I fly back to Amsterdam from Moscow on the 24th so I will check with the flying blue team to see if they can put us on a direct Amsterdam to Toronto flight but not sure if they would do that without confirmation of any actual cancellations.

I know its a crazy routing but the price was amazing (well under 300 GBP) and it was quite decent with the XP's.
Last time I was able to do just that once they officially announced the strike on the AF site. Originally it was AMS-CDG-YVR and they were more than happy to chance it to AMS-YYC-YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.