Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Old Apr 28, 18, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ente_09 View Post
booked on the AF 5/3 LAX-CDG and we have a non refundable $2200 Paris rental for 5 days and major things to do late afternoon 5/4.

Nervous about gambling. Should I book the Norwegian flight going over OW , keeping the AF return 5/9? Would Air France convert my flight to a return OW and refund me the cost of the outgoing OW?

anyone want to give me odds of this outgoing being cancelled?
AF65 has been cancelled extensively in the past strike days. But on 3 May you are lucky to have two AF nonstop flights scheduled and one TN. They should be able to route you.
I would not follow the strategy you mention. If you do not use the first segment of your AF ticket, the return will automatically be cancelled.
Your strategy would be to call once AF has planned its cancellations (roughly 24 hours before) and see what best rerouting they can offer. I doubt that they have an agreement with DY and would offer rerouting on DY. DY does not have the best seat/service but it is a nonstop..
I would just sit tight, relax and be ready with alternative routings if they cancel your flight..
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 28, 18, 8:19 am

Rebooked our flight from USA to avoid AF/Paris connect. Now on Delta with KLM connect in Amsterdam to Barcelona. Then our cruise. Adventures.
Old Apr 28, 18, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
AF65 has been cancelled extensively in the past strike days. But on 3 May you are lucky to have two AF nonstop flights scheduled and one TN. They should be able to route you.
I would not follow the strategy you mention. If you do not use the first segment of your AF ticket, the return will automatically be cancelled.
Your strategy would be to call once AF has planned its cancellations (roughly 24 hours before) and see what best rerouting they can offer. I doubt that they have an agreement with DY and would offer rerouting on DY. DY does not have the best seat/service but it is a nonstop..
I would just sit tight, relax and be ready with alternative routings if they cancel your flight..
Thanks , but how many of the 300+ people scheduled for that 380 will they be able to squeeze in the next flights .
Old Apr 29, 18, 2:30 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG: Platinum Premier, AS: MVP Gold, UA: Silver
My flights on AF are on May 9th (355 SEA-CDG) and 11th (1312 CDG-LIN) so I think I'm safe. The outbound CDG-SEA departs from CDG on the 9th as well so hopefully shouldn't be a holdover from striking employees either.

Fingers continue to be crossed, nonetheless...
Old May 1, 18, 4:08 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
With perfect timing, I’m taking my first AF flight for a very long time tomorrow and returning 4 May SOF-CDG-LHR. Despite website saying that rebooking is possible on scheduled strike dates, the app isn’t showing a flight change option at all (strangely it is for the outbound). Could anyone advise on whether it’s just a case of waiting for AF to update systems for strike dates or this suggests there’s a problem?

I’ve not been following the recent strikes at all and also wondered if these are seen as likely routes to be cancelled based on experience of other strike days - or is the impact mostly L/H? The only immediately viable inbound reroute on Skyteam I can find would be AZ via FCO (I need to be back in London that day, but can’t leave SOF until about 4pm at the earliest, which is why I’m on AF rather than BA’s earlier direct flight in the first place). Is proactive rebooking onto skyteam partners something that may be permitted, or is rebooking just AF/KL until things go wrong?

thanks for any help - apologies for the long list of newbie questions.
Old May 1, 18, 6:14 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
According to communication on its website this morning, Air France confirms that flights on May 3rd and May 4th will be impacted:

Updated on 01 May 2018, 09:30 AM Paris local time

A call for strike has been issued by several Air France staff unions for Thursday 03, Friday 04, Monday 07 and Tuesday 08 May 2018.

The industrial action for 03 and 04 May 2018 is confirmed. Our flight schedule for these days will be disrupted.

The adaptations are under study and our flight schedule will be modified accordingly and made public the day before your departure.

Check my flight's status

It is now too early to evaluate the possible impacts on 07 and 08 May 2018.
As soon as we have a more accurate estimate of the number of employees on strike and the impact on our operations, our flight schedule will be changed accordingly and also made public the day before your departure.

Please note that Air France flights operated by an aircraft other than that of Air France or Joon will not be affected by this strike (HOP!, KLM, Delta…).

If you are booked on a flight departing on the dates mentioned above, we now offer rebooking options at no extra cost, no matter the fare.
Can I postpone my trip planned on 03, 04, 07 or 08 May?
Cliquer pour replier le bloc
If you have a valid Air France ticket, issued on or before 26 April, for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on 03, 04, 07 or 08 May, you can anticipate or postpone your trip between 30 April and 27 May 2018*.

* We recommend you to avoid a rebook on another day impacted by the strike.

Save time by changing your booking directly online, in the "Your reservations" section of the website or in the mobile app. You can change your booking at no extra cost for the same travel cabin.

A voucher valid for one year on Air France, Joon, KLM or HOP flights! will be given to you if you prefer to postpone your trip beyond 27 May 2018, change destination or departure city, or cancel your trip. This voucher is not refundable.
Old May 1, 18, 10:34 am

Interesting, the variability in the phone service agents you get.

I called Delta to see if my AF 65 for Thursday was scheduled. At first he didn't even seem to understand what I was trying to do. I finally asked him to call Air France since I was told two days ago that they would know at this time. He called Air France and came back to me saying that the plane was probably going and they would notify me tomorrow.

Since that is not what I initially heard I immediately called back, got another agent, who again contacted Air France and said this is a guaranteed go.
Old May 1, 18, 10:56 am

Hi. Which number did you call for AF? I'm in France and tomorrow I want to confirm AF66 is a go on Friday May 4th.
Old May 1, 18, 11:51 am
PZE

Since my earlier post I've had a couple of emails which have confirmed that there won't be any firm info on my May 4th flights until the previous day - and that they will try and reroute if the flights are cancelled. Not clear at this stage what the reroute options might be or how that will be achieved in practice.

However I can confirm that fee-free rebooking *is* working - but for my inbound needs to be done via the Bulgarian desktop website not the UK one. Rebooking only seems to be possible onto AF flights not codeshares/KL (I guess this is normal but it was good to be able to confirm it).
Old May 1, 18, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Some relatively good news : the strike is still not over (unfortunately), but the number of strikers is seeing a significant decrease, especially for pilots. So we can expect less disruptions for the next strike days.
PZE likes this.
Old May 1, 18, 12:00 pm

Hmm...Ok. I wonder why they would they be able to confirm flights for the 3rd two days prior, but not the 4th?
Old May 1, 18, 12:07 pm
PZE

Originally Posted by nock View Post
Hmm...Ok. I wonder why they would they be able to confirm flights for the 3rd two days prior, but not the 4th?
Being charitable, I guess they need to see what the level of strike activity is on the 3rd then work through the knock-on effects - but yes, I would have thought they could be a bit more decisive in some cases. I'd rather be rebooked when there are still flights available, after all, and refunds aren't being offered so I can't go for that option and book myself onto a different carrier at this stage.
Old May 1, 18, 12:14 pm

Hi people
I have a schedule flight for May 4th PTY-CDG (AF0475)
AF send me an email of the warning due to the strikes, but when I check flight status it is scheduled.
Can I trust? Should I move my flight date? or wait until May 4th because is still scheduled?
I will appreciate your advices people....

May the 4th be with us!
Old May 1, 18, 12:21 pm

Its important to say that my flight depart on May 4th and will arrive to CDG on May 5th
Old May 1, 18, 12:26 pm

Nascar, I don't think you'll know whether your flight is a go until sometime on May 3rd.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: