Wiki Posts
Search

System remembered to upgrade me!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
System remembered to upgrade me!

I had a pleasant surprise last week on an LHR-CDG flight. My ticket was in C, but I changed to an earlier flight. This new flight was full in C. When I changed the flight via OLCI, I was put on a waiting list. Then at the airport, I was issued a BP for an economy seat. They told me to see at gate.

At at the gate, I asked if they could get me a C seat but none was available. Fine, because I was happy to fly back earlier. I was guessing that there would be some no/show but did not think appropriate to ask again during boarding.

And when I boarded, I realized that my BP had changed back to 1D. So someone, or the system, remembered I was not in the appropriate class and changed it. Great!

Only discomfort, seat 1F was eventually free as well. I was about to change... when chief purser upgraded an AF staff member that was waiting in the galley. They were talking like close friends... but then when the guy seated in 1F, and during the whole flight, they switched to “Monsieur”. Nice try!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.