Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Strike on 22 February and HOP ! pilots strike

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Not familiary with French labor laws so someone please correct me, but I'm assuming Air France legally cannot fire the pilots for striking?
No way indeed. Strike is allowed in France. By the way not only the pilots but all categories of staff have called for the strike.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
No way indeed. Strike is allowed in France. By the way not only the pilots but all categories of staff have called for the strike.
it seems that some 50% of long haul flights will not be flying and some with reduced crews meaning some pax kicked out. Will be a tough strike.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
it seems that some 50% of long haul flights will not be flying and some with reduced crews meaning some pax kicked out. Will be a tough strike.
With the breadth of unions announcing strikes I quite frankly expected it to be worse and so I think did Air France management. I looked at some random routes yesterday where flights were listed as cancelled only to be operated today. But grim for those affected by it of course.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
So, another strike is announced for 23 March.
On 22 February the strike led to a 50% cancellation of longhauls (and long delays on some others).
Sad
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Boy was I dreading another strike. Luckily for me I fly to Singapore on the 21st but I hope it's not too disruptive to anyone on here. This is doing nobody any good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.