Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

New flagship AF lounge access at CDG 2E hall L from another hall (K or M)

Old Feb 7, 18, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Air Berlin Gold, IHG Rewards Platinum, Accorclub Silver

Can we access to the new AF lounge at the hall L if our flight departure is from another hall (K or M)
I have a flight to Toronto on the 12th Feb and I am afraid the AF356 will depart from hall K and would like to experience the brand new AF flagship lounge at the hall L.

Thank you!
Old Feb 7, 18, 3:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by jdeliens View Post
Can we access to the new AF lounge at the hall L if our flight departure is from another hall (K or M)
I have a flight to Toronto on the 12th Feb and I am afraid the AF356 will depart from hall K and would like to experience the brand new AF flagship lounge at the hall L.

Thank you!
Unfortunately, you may only use the lounge in the hall where your flight departs from.
I wouldn’t have a preference for the new L or the equally excellent M lounge. You may get lucky with your flight departing from L or M instead, it happens.
orbitmic and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 8, 18, 1:44 am

I was flying To mia in nov ... and af told me i can use the lounge i wanted. . So i changed ...I went To m i think
Old Feb 8, 18, 4:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
Unfortunately, you may only use the lounge in the hall where your flight departs from.
It is VERY easy to go other lounge inside the 2E terminal.

The most questions they ask you are at security. If they say you can not, just ask to speak to an AF supervisor, they will lets you pass.

Just say you know you are NOT in the good terminal, advise them you have a meeting with other travelers at the lounge you want to go. I do this almost all the time (go to Lounge 'M' most of the time).

At the lounge say the same. From my experience, the security will give you more ... 'questions',
Old Jan 21, 20, 10:48 am

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FBplatinum View Post
It is VERY easy to go other lounge inside the 2E terminal.

The most questions they ask you are at security. If they say you can not, just ask to speak to an AF supervisor, they will lets you pass.

Just say you know you are NOT in the good terminal, advise them you have a meeting with other travelers at the lounge you want to go. I do this almost all the time (go to Lounge 'M' most of the time).

At the lounge say the same. From my experience, the security will give you more ... 'questions',
That's very good to know as I most probably will be in the same situation: My wife travels to CAN (usually from 2E M; 1145 departure) me to OTP (usually from 2E L; 1200 departure). I reckon we will stay at the M lounge then split. I'm aware that I have to pass through security again when changing to the other satellite. Is this still doable or have things changed in the last 2 years?
Old Jan 21, 20, 12:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by KL803 View Post
That's very good to know as I most probably will be in the same situation: My wife travels to CAN (usually from 2E M; 1145 departure) me to OTP (usually from 2E L; 1200 departure). I reckon we will stay at the M lounge then split. I'm aware that I have to pass through security again when changing to the other satellite. Is this still doable or have things changed in the last 2 years?
As it happens, there was a man in the Sky Priority line trying to access Hall K with a Hall L boarding pass this morning. The argument became a little heated but he was turned away eventually. He seemed to know that his plane did not leave from K, so I assume that he was trying to meet someone in K.
Old Jan 21, 20, 4:53 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I have do it in last November, I pass security for terminal "M" (my flight departure from "L"),after finishing at Terminal "M", I take the inter terminal shuttle bus and go to terminal "L" and "bypass" the security.
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:53 pm

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FBplatinum View Post
I have do it in last November, I pass security for terminal "M" (my flight departure from "L"),after finishing at Terminal "M", I take the inter terminal shuttle bus and go to terminal "L" and "bypass" the security.
Nice! How to find that shuttle bus? Care to give directions? Many thanks!
Old Jan 22, 20, 12:05 am

CDG security is always an odd mystery to me, I was once connecting 2E (I think it was L) to 2E-L however my BP didn't have the gate for my next flight, I had to argue several times that the screens indicate my flight is leaving from 2E-L before I was allowed through, granted I don't speak a word of French and the agent's English wasn't great but it really shouldn't be that difficult...
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, BA Silver
Had the same argument recently with security at 2E Hall L. I landed in 2E Hall L and my connecting flight was leaving from Hall K but I just wanted to go to the lounge in hall L and then walk my way to 2E Hall K via 2F as I like walking and I had the time.

Was declined, went to a supervisor who instructed the security staff to let me in.

A boarding pass with a flight departing from 2E gives you access to every halls.

You might have to insist though, but that's the rule.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by quentinr View Post
You might have to insist though, but that's the rule.
There is certainly no rule, but just a "tolerance".
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
There is certainly no rule, but just a "tolerance".
I was always told a BP for 2E was valid for the whole terminal & all the halls. So I never thought that was just a tolerance...

Also, when you are in 2F and walk your way to 2E Hall L, no one checks your BP most of the time if you use the automated border machines. So you could end up in the Hall L lounge with a BP for a Schengen flight leaving from 2F quite easily I think...
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quentinr View Post
I was always told a BP for 2E was valid for the whole terminal & all the halls.
Interesting. So, this suggests that this happened to you on multiple occasions and that on several of those multiple occasions, somebody explicitly told you that a BP for 2E was valid for the whole terminal. May I ask who told you that on those occasions?
Old Jan 23, 20, 7:17 am

Last time was quite recently when doing an AMM-CDG-LHR and tried to enter hall L while the LHR flight was leaving a few hours later from hall K.

Was denied access by security staff so went to ask someone from ADP who asked them to let me through as I had a valid 2E BP and so they did.

That being said, maybe I am and even he was wrong!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: