Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refurbished CDG 2E Hall L AF Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Some of the pictures are of the old part already, nevertheless, looks very nice, and I hope I'll have a chance to try it out soon.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I had a 4.5 layover at CDG and really enjoyed this lounge. The private sauna was really nice and the shower attached to the sauna (separated by a glass door) was huge, if not overly so. Food selection was quite decent, and there was a bartender making signature drinks in the center area. There’s also a “chef” who prepares the meal du jour. In my case. I had the beef with creamy tenderloin.

This lounge was sooooo much better than any AF lounge that I’ve been to — excluding the F lounge, of course. I haven’t been fortunate to try that one out yet
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I had a 4.5 layover at CDG and really enjoyed this lounge. The private sauna was really nice and the shower attached to the sauna (separated by a glass door) was huge, if not overly so. Food selection was quite decent, and there was a bartender making signature drinks in the center area. There’s also a “chef” who prepares the meal du jour. In my case. I had the beef with creamy tenderloin.

This lounge was sooooo much better than any AF lounge that I’ve been to — excluding the F lounge, of course. I haven’t been fortunate to try that one out yet
Excellent ^
I can’t wait to return (I haven’t been in this lounge since February. Despite intense non-Schengen flying, I depart from K in 80% of cases and M for 20% and never from L )
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Been there for a short stop this Sunday.

I did not explore most of the new things in the part left of the reception (sauna, resting rooms, etc).

The food/restaurant section had a buffet that looked as if an army of hooligans had just passed through. Food wasn't re-filled, and obviously nobody had bothered to clear the buffet area for some time. Tables weren't cleared. There was a lonely chef behind the cooking counter playing on his mobile phone and who needed a wake-up call to realize that there were people standing in front of him. He had one pot of polenta with beef. Didn't try it.

All in all the space looked very nice in terms of layout, design and services offered. The food section was a letdown, and a far cry from what you see on the glossy pictures, be it in terms of offering or in terms of presentation.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:46 pm

I am flying Business Class with the family from CDG to SFO in early August. We booked award tickets but I am the only one with a Flying Blue account. Do I need to sign all of us up for a FB account to get access to the lounge or is it enough that we are flying Business.

Also, I've tried to look but can't tell which hall we will be flying out of. Anyone have insight on which hall/lounge will be the closest for our 10 a.m. flight out of CDG non-stop to SFO?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by rccsd
I am flying Business Class with the family from CDG to SFO in early August. We booked award tickets but I am the only one with a Flying Blue account. Do I need to sign all of us up for a FB account to get access to the lounge or is it enough that we are flying Business.
It is enough that you are flying Business.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rccsd
Also, I've tried to look but can't tell which hall we will be flying out of. Anyone have insight on which hall/lounge will be the closest for our 10 a.m. flight out of CDG non-stop to SFO?
Gates are assigned only a couple of hours before arrival or departure. Only thing we can say to you is that if you are on the A380, you will leave from either L or M (not K).
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Where gate does China Eastern airlines normally fly from?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
I was in the L lounge on 2nd July and it seemed to be fully open. As the main area was pretty crowded I took a wander and found a quiet space with a few seats and tables beyond the toilets. Very peaceful and relaxing, but a bit of a trek if you become hungry. However, there was a fridge with water and juice.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by strikerbird
2E. As said previously, nobody can ensure you whether your flight will be at gates K, L or M. Ask upon arrival at the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by strikerbird
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
2E. As said previously, nobody can ensure you whether your flight will be at gates K, L or M. Ask upon arrival at the airport.
correct, but in my experience, I always see MU parked at M.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: flying blue
I will be traveling from AMS to HKG via CDG in J class. With my outbound flight I don't have much transit time, so probably I don't have time dropping by the lounge. But I have 3.5 hours transit time on my homebound flight via CDG. If my flight from HKG landed in 2E, am I allowed to use this lounge? My connecting flight from CDG to AMS will depart from 2F. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
No, I don't think so. The lounge is only available for 2E departures. You'll have to make do with the 2F lounges.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: flying blue
Ok. thanks. I'll check out the lounge then at 2F.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:43 pm

Have a 12hr (11a-11p) layover going from US to S.Africa, and am wondering if lounge is an option.
Looking at doing a quick trip into town, but then using the lounge from 6-7pm until 10.45p.
Flying Prem Econ on AF.

I'd really appreciate answers to these questions:
- How much is the access fee? According to the website, it's 25-50 euro. What exactly will it be? I called customer svc and, after a long time, was told they didn't know!
- Is it possible to be denied entry because it's full or something? If so, will it help to be a Flying Blue member, or it doesn't matter as long as you belong to any Skyteam program? (we have Delta membership... no status)
- Are the walk-up access fees same for all AF lounges in terminal 2E?
- Besides this lounge, what're other good AF lounges in terminal 2E?

I appreciate any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.