Refurbished CDG 2E Hall L AF Business Lounge

Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak

As we’ll have warm food now, as in K and M, this is obviously a great improvement. And even with the cold options, I always found them vastly superior to what you have in most lounges in Europe, to not even speak about North America. Asia if of course another story.
Comparing like with like, i.e. comparing to the main lounge(s) of large network carriers at their hub, as distinct to comparing with lounges at outstations or lounges at the hub of minor carriers? If so, I am not sure that I could say that the 2E AF lounges (setting aside the special case of the La Premičre lounge) offer "vastly superior" catering. I am not a great fan of the food at LH Sen lounges and I do prefer the AF 2E lounges to the LH SEN lounges at FRA or MUC (or Swiss at ZRH for matter) but I do not think that I would describe what the AF one has to offer as "vastly" superior. As to the BA F lounges at LHR and LGW, while the quality has gone down a lot in the last few years, they are still imo better than the AF ones and the LHR T5 F lounge also has better wines than what AF has to offer at CDG 2E (albeit with a mysterious element of pot luck as to what they bring out).
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Good question Artpen100, and I'm also interested to learn more about this. So I'm going to send this off to the Air France forum where I'm sure they will be happy to help. This is the better home for airline dedicated lounges. Thank you again for the question.

/mod CWS
Lounge Forum
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:16 pm

Peeps,

Please find below link to the relevant thread —

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ence-plus-376/

G
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by olivedel
Interesting to see that Air France does not care much about this community and does not care to invite most active members like they use to.
Maybe we have been too harsh with them lately?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Thanks for the report Leadership. This new L lounge looks really pleasant to me, and I'm looking forward to try it. I already am a fan of the M lounge, and I hope the K lounge gets a similar treatment soon as well.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by bodory
Maybe we have been too harsh with them lately?
I know I have been harsh in other social media but I have (personally) paid for that :-)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I went to the L lounge last week at around 1pm on Sunday and it was super packed. Food was good.

For the showers, you have to go to the service desk and ask for a key. Also, the showers are not numbered and there's no indication whether it is occupied or not. I'm not sure if it's able to deadbolt from inside, which means anyone with a shower key can access it maybe (??). Wasn't able to find the sauna so can't comment on it.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I went to the L lounge last week at around 1pm on Sunday and it was super packed.
I was there last week, Thursday around 9.a.m. Also packed. Apparently it's often full as there were signs that said that passengers departing from L could use the M lounge until 1p.m.

So, nightmarish cue (no Sky Priority line) and bus ride to M. The M lounge was half empty and much nicer than the new L lounge, or at least it feels more long-haulish.

Back to L there was a special service, a minibus only for those departing from L that had been to the M lounge.

We had a few minutes before our flight so we went back to the L lounge to check it out. It was still packed but we could find where to sit. Very nice but it feels more like an intra-European lounge, maybe because of the low ceiling and because it's - at this stage - still quite small.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I went to the L lounge last week at around 1pm on Sunday and it was super packed. Food was good.

For the showers, you have to go to the service desk and ask for a key. Also, the showers are not numbered and there's no indication whether it is occupied or not. I'm not sure if it's able to deadbolt from inside, which means anyone with a shower key can access it maybe (??). Wasn't able to find the sauna so can't comment on it.
I was there Tuesday at 6am and asked for a shower key. Male showers were numbered (and keys attributed to a specific shower cabin), and while there was no occupation indicator i could lock it from inside with the shower key.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:10 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I’m in the 2E-L lounge waiting for AF10 to JFK and pretty much all the seats are taken. Food is good, but soft drinks and bottled waters are warm. I’m going to leave early to avoid the scrum at the elevators.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The full L lounge will reopen this week after the renovation ^
MorganB likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
The full L lounge will reopen this week after the renovation ^
Do you know on which day exactly? AF website only states that the full L lounge "will reopen in July"
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Good to hear. I was there in May and not even in peak time, still it was quite full.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Satie
Do you know on which day exactly? AF website only states that the full L lounge "will reopen in July"
On Wednesday (11th).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

On Wednesday (11th).
Some images from the official AF twitter account:
Seems pretty nice and it has sauna and open kitchen!!

Un nouveau salon Business ŕ Paris-Charles de Gaulle | Air France - Corporate

Well done AF!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.