Search

Refurbished CDG 2E Hall L AF Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
New Air France Lounge at CDG 2E Hall L

Hi,

I had a tour yesterday of Air France new and refurbished Lounge at Terminal 2E Hall L, pretty impressive IMO.
Check it out: https://blog.flight-report.com/fr/un...les-de-gaulle/

Now open for all customers leaving from Hall L, full completion is expected for this summer.

Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Refurbished CDG 2E Hall L AF Business Lounge

Has anyone been to this yet? I've been a fan of the AF lounges in Terminal 2 CDG, and just saw the announcement on this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:12 pm

Based on the pictures I find it very uninspiring. Like a bad hybrid of the QANTAS lounge concept (white tiles etc) and the old 3rd party lounge for AFKLM in EDI.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It looks very nice as well as the offering. @MoDs : I suggest to move this thread in the AF lounge master thread
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:46 pm

I think it looks really good actually! Looking forward to seeing it in person!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
I take it this is a business class lounge, correct? We will be flying AF in business this fall CDG-ATL and I wonder if we will be able to use this lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
L’espace « à votre service » pour pouvoir réserver une douche/un sauna, obtenir de l’aide sur son voyage (changement de vol, choix du siège) ou pour une réservation de vol.
Hum, sounds interesting, I would be glad to hear more about this sauna possibility. Finnair has one in Helsinki in their non schengen lounge and Thai as well in their first class spa.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jlemon
I take it this is a business class lounge, correct? We will be flying AF in business this fall CDG-ATL and I wonder if we will be able to use this lounge.
If your flight leaves from CDG terminal 2E-L, yes.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
The yellow'sh colour looks weird - not a typical AF colour palette, I guess.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
Hum, sounds interesting, I would be glad to hear more about this sauna possibility. Finnair has one in Helsinki in their non schengen lounge and Thai as well in their first class spa.
2 saunas are available (one per gender) in the showers facilities, you can privatize one for 40mn with a first come, first serve basis.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlemon
Yes, this is a Business Class Lounge for Business customers and SkyTeam Elite + but only for flights leaving from Hall L.

Only long-haul flights with check-in at 2F and A380 flight leaving on the 11pm bank (eg AF990 to JNB) are guaranteed to use that lounge, for other flights with check-in at 2E it will depend on your gate assignement but you have more or less 1 chance out of 3.

But considering only half of the new lounge is open, it may be quite crowded and not as pleasant as it sounds to be.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The lounge really looks beautiful! The only thing that doesn't really seem changed and thus improved is the food offering - unfortunately.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Leadership
Hi,

I had a tour yesterday of Air France new and refurbished Lounge at Terminal 2E Hall L, pretty impressive IMO.
Check it out: https://blog.flight-report.com/fr/un...les-de-gaulle/

Now open for all customers leaving from Hall L, full completion is expected for this summer.

Interesting to see that Air France does not care much about this community and does not care to invite most active members like they use to.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy82
The lounge really looks beautiful! The only thing that doesn't really seem changed and thus improved is the food offering - unfortunately.
As we’ll have warm food now, as in K and M, this is obviously a great improvement. And even with the cold options, I always found them vastly superior to what you have in most lounges in Europe, to not even speak about North America. Asia if of course another story.
Milkman and here and there like this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I was actually using the lounge last Thursday, and the staff told me it was the first day it was opened to the public. There were lots of AF staff around, and a photographer too.
Being there and using it, it was not too bad, yes as one of the poster mentioned, it was somewhat Qantas lounge like - they do have now a sort of cooking station ala Qantas and CX...although it is basically 1 choice available.

I wanted to check out the Sauna, but was told it was not ready, so no idea how it is. It was located behind a door of a disabled shower/bathroom. I did manage to snap up an appointment at the Clarins spa, they only had 1 person working that day. Treatment was the same as other lounges.
There are some nice sleeping area, ala First class, with a curtain.
I suspect with the current layout, most people will stay around the main area, although for those not looking for food or want somewhat more peace, you will have to walk to the "Petit Salon" area where there is a drinks bar and at least for now looks to be the quiet area (unless people start finding out and moving there).

I did overhear an (for what it matters) American family saying how nice the lounge was and why they avoid flying via AMS. [no other intentions behind this statement - just what I overhead]

They do have a sort of ticketing desk in the lounge but on that day everything was done at the reception area, so it got a bit crowded around that area. They did have the Ulti roped off area (in the main area of the lounge).

From F&B point - not sure if it was because of the 1st day, but I found only 1 option for red wine available - normally there should be 2-3. While they did have the different ones for the whites.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.