777 - does angled lie flat still exist ?

Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
777 - does angled lie flat still exist ?

Hi all - my first time with AF (Iím usually BA / VS) - I have a return flight to Dheli coming up - outwards KLM 747 and return AF 777-300 which the website is showing angled lie flat in Business - I had assumed they had pushed ahead and refurbed their 777 fleet - why the delay ? And surely this makes them not so competitive on this premium
Business route ??

Our flight leaves DEL at 0125 so I will most likely sleep but Iíve never experienced Ďangledí lie flat - surely after a few glasses of wine these seats arenít too uncomfortable ?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold
See the "updated information about new J seats deployments and other information" sticky thread.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, you should do some research.
But the majority of AF 777-300 still have NEV4 angled seats.
Only 772s have BEST across the fleet. A330 and A380 only have NEV.
AF is really lagging.

Last edited by brunos; Jan 17, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum
You will be comfortable enough, I never had a problem sleeping on NEV4 as long as I wasn't disturbed by a pesky neighbour. Aisle seat in the middle section usually worked well for me.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:45 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

the refurbished 77Ws are operated to the more high yield or otherwise premium routes like Singapore, Hong Kong, and New York. Other routes have yet to get the new cabins.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubeurope
the refurbished 77Ws are operated to the more high yield or otherwise premium routes like Singapore, Hong Kong, and New York. Other routes have yet to get the new cabins.
Let's say that besides the "regular" routes, other destinations for retrofitted 77Ws seem to rotate.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Other routes will never get the new cabins. Air France has finished the 777 refurbishment program. The 777s that donít have the new seats will never get them.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Other routes will never get the new cabins. Air France has finished the 777 refurbishment program. The 777s that donít have the new seats will never get them.
But 777 routes themselves do get 777s with new seats (or old seats), and I am tempted to say somewhat randomly.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Thanks for the info - seat map is currently showing a 777W with no First Class and the NEV4 seating I believe - am I right in thinking these aircraft are actually fairly new though ?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris9642
am I right in thinking these aircraft are actually fairly new though ?
It depends but some of them have been demivered recently indeed (2 or 3 years ago).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
This is why I chose an AF flight operated with a 772 rather than with a 773 from CDG to ATL this fall. We'll be in the business cabin and the aircraft is not configured with La Premiere. Here's hoping the equipment doesn't get swapped.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
There are still ultra high yield destinations that get NEV4. For example PHC is served by the A330 with its cabin from the Stone Age. Cheapest J fare on this relatively short route from CDG is never below 4000 Euro, and usually well above 5000. Cheapest fare in Y is usually around 1400. A complete rip-off if you’d ask me. The sole reason they get away with this is the captivity of the petroleum industry in PHC, obviously. They’d probably get away with selling l’espace 127 for similar prices on that route!

Last edited by Zembla; Jan 27, 2018 at 1:53 am
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
There are still ultra high yield destinations that get NEV4. For example PHC is served by the A330 with its cabin from the Stone Age. Cheapest J fare on this relatively short route from CDG is never below 4000 Euro, and usually well above 5000. Cheapest fare in Y is usually around 1400. A complete rip-off if youíd ask me. The sole reason they get away with this is the captivity of the petroleum industry in PHC, obviously. Theyíd probably get away with selling líespace 127 for similar prices on that route!
On the other hand some strange destinations get BEST like CAY.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Just boarded a CDG-JFK 773 with angled-flat seats. They're horrible. AF should not be selling these abominations as business on such a premium route.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by justforfun
Just boarded a CDG-JFK 773 with angled-flat seats. They're horrible. AF should not be selling these abominations as business on such a premium route.
please, do not over-exagerate...
With such an horrible experience, I suggest you give your seat to an Y or W pax of your choice.
thibderoc and manacit like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.