AF La Premiere from IAH

Old Jan 4, 18, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by cfw View Post
Still doing some comparison shopping. DL 5780 gets into LAX at 2:45PM, but AF 065 leaves at either 3:30PM or 4:30PM depending on the month. DL website claims "100% ontime" for 5780. How long of a connection do I need? Only earlier flight leaves DFW at 6am...
I wouldn't risk either of those connections. Just my 2 cents, but you are in the enviable position of living a 45-minute flight away from an AF gateway city serviced by a 777 with the new LaP. I have made some crazy flight arrangements in the past, but usually because of a different plane, better timing, etc. I would not fly 1200 miles out of the way, and all the extra time that is involved, to get on the exact same plane leaving at the same time as one that is virtually right next to me.
But, as was said, if you are keen on adding a stop, maybe you want to spend a night or 2 in LA and extend your trip?
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 6, 18, 12:31 am
cfw
Original Poster

Programs: AA, LX, SPG, HHonors, MR
Originally Posted by Travlur View Post
I wouldn't risk either of those connections. Just my 2 cents, but you are in the enviable position of living a 45-minute flight away from an AF gateway city serviced by a 777 with the new LaP. I have made some crazy flight arrangements in the past, but usually because of a different plane, better timing, etc. I would not fly 1200 miles out of the way, and all the extra time that is involved, to get on the exact same plane leaving at the same time as one that is virtually right next to me.
But, as was said, if you are keen on adding a stop, maybe you want to spend a night or 2 in LA and extend your trip?
Well said. It is a SkyTeam desert out here in the central time zone. I need to look at it from the point of view you bring up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: