Wiki Posts
Search

Here's a fun one: Schedule change mis-applied as cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Here's a fun one: Schedule change mis-applied as cancellation

Booked a flight on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I awake to an email that my flight was cancelled and I was automatically switched to another flight two hours later. Wednesday evening, the first flight reappears in Air France's systems, but 10 minutes after the original departure time. I phone in this morning and an agent manually switches me back to my original flight.

It seems that AF's systems are falsely applying schedule changes as cancellations. I'm sure someone less vigilant may not have even noticed this.

No big deal in the end; I'm back on the flight I wanted, and all is good. But has anyone else experienced this with AF before?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by segacs
Booked a flight on Tuesday. Wednesday morning I awake to an email that my flight was cancelled and I was automatically switched to another flight two hours later. Wednesday evening, the first flight reappears in Air France's systems, but 10 minutes after the original departure time. I phone in this morning and an agent manually switches me back to my original flight.

It seems that AF's systems are falsely applying schedule changes as cancellations. I'm sure someone less vigilant may not have even noticed this.

No big deal in the end; I'm back on the flight I wanted, and all is good. But has anyone else experienced this with AF before?
It's the first time I hear this, and probably it's a freak incident. Possibly somebody made an error when they re-scheduled the original flight in the system, and everyone on it got automatically rebooked as a result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.