Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Flights canceled due to industrial action.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
AF Flights canceled due to industrial action.

I have an upcoming flight scheduled to Tahiti on AF076 from LAX just after Thanksgiving.

I was checking recent flight status online and noticed that the last 2x flights on this route were cancelled due to industrial action.

The flight from CDG to LAX was not affected but only the onward flight to PPT. This is a liitle worrying, does anybody have any details on the strike and efected routes and dates?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Before starting a thread, you should look if there’s not already one on the same subject. And there’s already one
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...10-2017-a.html

It’s the local FA base who is on-strike. What I can tell you is that they are leasing either TN or Hifly aircraft to operate the route during that period. Only PPT-LAX route is affected.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Thank you for sharing this link....Do we have any idea when this strike is due to end?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do we have any idea when this strike is due to end?
I am just a passenger like you, so no idea. If I have some info, I will post them here of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.