Wiki Posts
Search

New AF app feature: My travels in numbers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
New AF app feature: My travels in numbers

The latest version of the AF app gives you access to a tilde "My travels in numbers" which then tells you how many cities you visited and the number of times each, how many Kg of luggage you carried, time spent in the air and total distance travelled over the last 10 years.

I've spotted a bunch of mistakes in the cities visited and their frequency but otherwise I like the feature.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I saw this yesterday and, yes, a nice feature. Except that the figures are completely wrong. I am talking about the cities visited and number of flights to each of those cities. And if this wrong’ all the rest is wrong too.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I don't see it. Android and iPad apps.
Edit... Ah now I do after manually updating. Not very accurate is it.

Last edited by rosensfole; Nov 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I hope they will improve it in the future because I really like the idea.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It would also be nice if they told you how many hours you were delayed, how many days your bags were delayed, and how much compensation they should have paid you, but didn't :P

(For AF devotees, perhaps it's worth noting that other airlines have had similar features in their app/website for some time already)
saraoutou likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:39 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
(For AF devotees, perhaps it's worth noting that other airlines have had similar features in their app/website for some time already)
Indeed. LH, eg, even has statistics according to aircraft model flown.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:46 am

I quite like it (easily pleased), but as they include unlockable content based on overall luggage weight, they're encouraging us to check heavy bags. Have they really thought this through ?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Weean
I quite like it (easily pleased), but as they include unlockable content based on overall luggage weight, they're encouraging us to check heavy bags. Have they really thought this through ?
Of course they have. Think of all the ancillaries.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.