Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF NCE-JFK (one off’s)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
AF NCE-JFK (one off’s)

Airlineroute just reported that AF are scheduling two flights in one direction and one in the other in the second half of June on NCE-JFK on its own metal using 4 class 777.

i have no idea if this will replace the DL flight or come in addition to it but timing (especially ex-jfk) is different.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You mean two/one daily flights?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by brunos
You mean two/one daily flights?
Three flights in total.
Air France during the month of June 2018 scheduled up to 2 round-trip Nice – New York JFK service, on board 4-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. The Skyteam member currently schedules 2 flights from Nice, 1 from New York JFK.

Joint-venture partner Delta will place DL-coded flight numbers on these flights.

AF042/DL8385 NCE1100 – 1340JFK 77W 21JUN18 / 24JUN18
AF115/DL8343 JFK1620 – 0620+1NCE 77W 17JUN18
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very strange.
There must be a big crowd coming from NY on 17 June for a special event and returning either 21 or 24.
The flights do show on AF website at an incredible fare. And that seems in addition to the usual DL flight.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The flights do show on AF website at an incredible fare.
That could be misinterpreted!! For the sake of clarity our friend brunos means at a horrifying fare (think €30,000+ for a return in P or about €18,000 in J!!) though I guess you'd get lots of award miles with that with the new system!!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: FB Plat
I jumped when I saw 2600£ for economy for a return on Thursday 21th!
Roughly half the price for a return on Sunday 24th.

What is surprising to me is to see one flight JFK->NCE direct, but two NCE->JFK direct...
I might have missed an event from 18th to 20th June.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:11 am

I can't believe that anyone would pay US$36,000 for a return first class ticket for that 8 hour flight!

Even Etihad's "The Residence" comes in at a cheaper US$32,000 return from Sydney to London.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henrus
I can't believe that anyone would pay US$36,000 for a return first class ticket for that 8 hour flight!

Even Etihad's "The Residence" comes in at a cheaper US$32,000 return from Sydney to London.
Even J is not available anymore on one of the flight. Not that anyone would pay those fares. I guess that a big part of the plane is booked by a group at reasonable price. But it will be costly nonetheless as the plane has to ferry NCE-CDG or back. Some customers might be surprised to see a 77W on CDG-NCE. Maybe some celebrity being married in Nice?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Even J is not available anymore on one of the flight. Not that anyone would pay those fares.
Well, actually, since it seemed available when I checked yesterday and is no longer now, it suggests that perhaps, indeed, somebody DID pay that price!

But it will be costly nonetheless as the plane has to ferry NCE-CDG or back. Some customers might be surprised to see a 77W on CDG-NCE.
Actually, I'm mostly eyeing that one - if I can find a NCE-CDG or CDG-NCE operated by the 77W I might be tempted and presumably that would come at the normal price! It does happen for AF to use such planes on that route (though typically for the ultra peak period, like the Sunday evening or Monday morning after the Cannes Festival and Monaco F1 Grand Prix, or the weekends of 14/7 or 15/8) but they might find some creative solutions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.