12+ Hrs Transit at CDG.. Wanna Sleep..(Airside Only)

Old Nov 10, 17, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

12+ Hrs Transit at CDG.. Wanna Sleep..(Airside Only)

Prospective company agent booked ticket IAH-CDG-AUH reaching CDG at 8:35 at 2E AF0639, leaving CDG by Etihad (AF3802) at 20:45 from 2C.
After 2 overnight flight and daytime layover in CDG will be going straight for interview. Want to use layover to rest. Need visa to cross immigration so will be staying airside only.
Any idea will be greatly appreciated on where to rest/sleep.
Found Yotel (2E) on internet but how to access it as departing flight will be from 2C.
Old Nov 10, 17, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
2E<2C shouldn't require a stop at Passport Control but will require a bus ride & a security check. Arrive at 2E and go to the hotel then proceed to 2C when your time is up or you need to head to the gate. Tranfer time is ~40-50 minutes.

EY also sells lounge access at their lounge at CDG for 60 Euros.

You'll have to decide what is worth it to you and how long you can spend in each place.

Are you sure a visa is required for a transit at CDG? What passport will you be traveling on?

Last edited by Yoshi212; Nov 10, 17 at 3:21 pm Reason: updated.
Old Nov 10, 17, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
You won't be able to access the Yotel, as only pax having a flight departing from 2E can access it. Your itinerary is bad with such a layover because there is no other solution to rest somewhere in T2C and I will not call that a rest.
There is another morning (daylight) flight to AUH at 10:15 am, arriving at 20:10 pm. Why don't you take this one ? The connection time is sufficient. And you can have a normal hotel night in AUH before your interview the following morning. A much better plan IMO.
Old Nov 10, 17, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
2E<2C shouldn't require a stop at Passport Control but will require a bus ride & a security check. Arrive at 2E and go to the hotel then proceed to 2C when your time is up or you need to head to the gate. Tranfer time is ~40-50 minutes.

EY also sells lounge access at their lounge at CDG for 60 Euros.

You'll have to decide what is worth it to you and how long you can spend in each place.

Are you sure a visa is required for a transit at CDG? What passport will you be traveling on?
Thanks.. I'll try to go to Yotel first once I depart at 2E as you suggested. Didn't know that EY also sells lounge access.. Good to have another option..

I am holding Indian passport with US green card.

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
You won't be able to access the Yotel, as only pax having a flight departing from 2E can access it. Your itinerary is bad with such a layover because there is no other solution to rest somewhere in T2C and I will not call that a rest.
There is another morning (daylight) flight to AUH at 10:15 am, arriving at 20:10 pm. Why don't you take this one ? The connection time is sufficient. And you can have a normal hotel night in AUH before your interview the following morning. A much better plan IMO.
The flight was booked by prospective employer's agent (don't want to abuse him anymore).. I noticed earlier EY flight too but that is not an option I am getting online now under change booking.. seems flight is all booked for this Sunday..
Old Nov 10, 17, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by evoori View Post
Thanks.. I'll try to go to Yotel first once I depart at 2E as you suggested.
Again, YOTEL CDG website clearly states that only pax having a flight departing from 2E can access the hotel airside 2E.
So if you cannot change your ticket to the earlier flight, the EY lounge, as a paid access, should be your best option.
Old Nov 10, 17, 4:51 pm

Reading some of the statements it seems possible that arriving into 2E would give access. I haven't tried it so if you have better knowledge such as an arrival into 2E with a transfer that stopped you from having access I will defer to you but on some pages it agree with you and others it's more vague.

Again, YOTEL CDG website clearly states that only pax having a flight departing from 2E can access the hotel airside 2E.
So if you cannot change your ticket to the earlier flight, the EY lounge, as a paid access, should be your best option.
Old Nov 10, 17, 5:00 pm

Unless something changes recently, that is not the case, I used it earlier this year while transiting 2E to 2F.

Edit: The FAQ on their website clearly indicates "Only passengers with a departing, arriving or transiting flight through terminals 2 E, K, L, M will be able to access the area the hotel is in" - http://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/paris...e-airport/faqs
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 17, 5:34 pm

This is what I was referring to above. The FAQ page and the initial landing page's statements are not identical which could be confusing. But if someone tried to do 2E to 2C and got denied that'd be interesting to know.

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Unless something changes recently, that is not the case, I used it earlier this year while transiting 2E to 2F.

Edit: The FAQ on their website clearly indicates "Only passengers with a departing, arriving or transiting flight through terminals 2 E, K, L, M will be able to access the area the hotel is in" - http://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/paris...e-airport/faqs
Old Nov 11, 17, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
This is what I was referring to above. The FAQ page and the initial landing page's statements are not identical which could be confusing. But if someone tried to do 2E to 2C and got denied that'd be interesting to know.
What I wrote above was entirely based on what I read on Yotel website. I have no personal experience. So OP may try and see if it works or not.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I finished my short trip and back to Houston now.

As mentioned earlier, my flight arrived at 2E Gate M. Yotel is at gate L. (Once you are in terminal 2E, the catch is not to cross security to go to the other terminal, 2C in my case). I took train to go from M to L within terminal 2E. They have good sign to guide to Yotel, even the free lounge just before Yotel is nice and was not crowded at all. Booked a room.( € 75 for first 4 hrs and then €10 for additional hrs). The rooms are decent and quiet (as long as person staying in room next to you doesn't flush )
Got up and went to terminal 2C and again Yoshi212 was spot on, it took 45 minutes to go from Yotel to my gate in terminal 2C.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by evoori View Post
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I finished my short trip and back to Houston now.

As mentioned earlier, my flight arrived at 2E Gate M. Yotel is at gate L. (Once you are in terminal 2E, the catch is not to cross security to go to the other terminal, 2C in my case). I took train to go from M to L within terminal 2E. They have good sign to guide to Yotel, even the free lounge just before Yotel is nice and was not crowded at all. Booked a room.( 75 for first 4 hrs and then 10 for additional hrs). The rooms are decent and quiet (as long as person staying in room next to you doesn't flush )
Got up and went to terminal 2C and again Yoshi212 was spot on, it took 45 minutes to go from Yotel to my gate in terminal 2C.
Very good. Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread