Change to Delta itinerary?

Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Change to Delta itinerary?

I have a fairly expensive AF itinerary which I need to cancel and rebook as a Delta trip, which will result in a LOT of money lost as it is a non-refundable business class flight.

I can however change for £240.

Over the phone, would they allow me to change to a fully-Delta itinerary (that doesn't come up on their site), or am I being too optimistic and I might as well just suck it up and lose it all?

All because they won't accept a name change in a divorce.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:07 am

I'm not sure how would changing it into a DL (marketed?) flights would help here?
While I'm not an expert on name changes, why not keep your passport as is until after the flight? That way no name changes are required?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Without having all the details, it's always hard to assess fairly a situation. But I would agree with Ditto. I suppose you talk about a woman returning to her maiden name use after a divorce ? If yes, I would not change anything to the ticket as I suppose this person still has a passport mentioning the 2 names, especially the one on the ticket.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dan1113
All because they won't accept a name change in a divorce.
Is it an option to change the name back again - temporarily! - by deed poll? Or just pay the name change fee to have the name on the ticket updated?

One should never be too hasty when changing names/replacing IDs.

Rush to get the divorce, by all means...but taking the extra steps that only incur hassle and expense mean that they should perhaps have been more judiciously planned.

[Why is it not possible to just pay whatever "name change fee" is in force? You can surely prove to the airline/travel agent that the ticket is not being "sold" or passed on to a different person; it should be possible, in these circumstances, to have a name change applied, rather than cancelling and rebooking]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.