CDG 2E folklore on Sunday mornings

Old Oct 22, 17, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Thumbs down CDG 2E folklore on Sunday mornings

I know that this has been said before in other threads, but it has become so incredibly systematic and annoying that I thought a dedicated thread would be in place.

This morning at CDG 2E:
-30 minutes traffic jam on the airport
-25 minutes wait at check in
-35 minutes wait at passport control
-15 minutes wait at security check in terminal M

Complete chaos: People stressing, climbing under ropes, shouting at staff, jumping the que at various locations, sighing, cursing, stampeding, and pushing ahead of me, In Sky Priority!

How much time should one without Sky Priority allow? 4 hours? 5 hours? And wearing an armor suit may be useful too. It is a complete disgrace, and it seems to be getting worse. Yes I have arrived well enough in advance to have a quick coffee in the lounge and to write this, but still it’s always very unpleasant and stressful, and I am getting sick and tired of it, including the people who don’t know how to behave. /rant

Last edited by Zembla; Oct 22, 17 at 2:57 am
Old Oct 22, 17, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You describe a situation that I know too well (but thanks to Ultimate, at least I don’t have anymore the problem at check-in where they make you skip all lines, and at immigration). ADP has created the chaos on the airport roads thanks to their brilliant design for the terminal access and then we know the rest...
I hope you’ll have a good flight, at least
Old Oct 22, 17, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Thanks Goldorak. I had an excellent flight with a lovely cabin crew.

I had a chat with one of them about the situation at CDG, and she said that they can tell when it’s been chaos again, just by the behaviour of some passengers, as was the case today. I feel sorry for them, but also for some of the ground staff at CDG who have to deal with hordes of stressed out passengers.
Old Oct 23, 17, 8:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Even Jean-Marc Janaillac!

http://www.deplacementspros.com/Jean...re_a45309.html
Old Oct 23, 17, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Interesting, thanks!
Old Oct 23, 17, 2:13 pm

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver, AccorHotels Gold
Reminds me of my arrival experience a few Sundays ago.......a 60min queue for border contrôle to enter the EU.

FWIW, FRA is not totally that much better. I departed a Saturday morning and also queued for 60min to go thru border and security controls.

Guess I was lucky I left via ORY (zero people queueing). That JFK-ORY route is quite neat.
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for sharing. It's good that he's experiencing himself what his passengers are enduring every day. The PARAFE situation is a pure scandal. I have never seen the new ones working since they have installed them...
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:26 pm

Programs: Many
PAF is accountable for Parafe opening though, not ADP.

Last edited by bodory; Oct 23, 17 at 9:32 pm
Old Oct 24, 17, 3:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by mlin32 View Post
Reminds me of my arrival experience a few Sundays ago.......a 60min queue for border contrôle to enter the EU.

FWIW, FRA is not totally that much better. I departed a Saturday morning and also queued for 60min to go thru border and security controls.

Guess I was lucky I left via ORY (zero people queueing). That JFK-ORY route is quite neat.
last time i tried the JFK ORY route (in June), it was very very far from neat. one line for all passengers regardless of status or class of travel and more than 60 min queue, queue was all over the place, even on the stairs. Maybe it has changed since June but i have decided to avoid that one JFK ORY since then.
Old Oct 24, 17, 3:30 am

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
Originally Posted by newflyer27 View Post
last time i tried the JFK ORY route (in June), it was very very far from neat. one line for all passengers regardless of status or class of travel and more than 60 min queue, queue was all over the place, even on the stairs. Maybe it has changed since June but i have decided to avoid that one JFK ORY since then.
This has been my experience as well, having taken this flight 3-4 times this past year. The overall experience is poor. First you get a bus gate. They only have one bus so have to wait for every single pax to board. Then you reach immigration where you have no priority lane(CDG has No. 1). The space is very small and can get chaotic very quickly. And due to the timing of the flight, I have found the traffic into Paris to be very heavy. Have now just resigned myself to AA's nonstop JFK-CDG. Terminal 2A is the least painful one in all of Paris airports.
Old Oct 24, 17, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
Terminal 2A is the least painful one in all of Paris airports.
I agree
Old Oct 24, 17, 6:30 am
Original Poster

I have pretty good experiences in Terminal 1 as well. Lines can be occasionally long, but it's not comparable to the 2E drama and chaos.
Old Oct 24, 17, 8:56 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver, AccorHotels Gold
Originally Posted by newflyer27 View Post
Really ? I flew out last week and it was direct boarding from a gate in Hall 3. No bus. Separate Priority and general boarding lane. I showed up at the terminal 1h20 before flight, dropped checked bag off, bought a sandwich, walked past security and passport contrôle at about 13h30........and just dawdled around the boarding area.

Perhaps it is a vastly different experience weekend versus weekday (I flew out on a Tuesday, the 14:20 departure).
Old Oct 26, 17, 1:06 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by mlin32 View Post
Really ? I flew out last week and it was direct boarding from a gate in Hall 3. No bus. Separate Priority and general boarding lane. I showed up at the terminal 1h20 before flight, dropped checked bag off, bought a sandwich, walked past security and passport contrôle at about 13h30........and just dawdled around the boarding area.

Perhaps it is a vastly different experience weekend versus weekday (I flew out on a Tuesday, the 14:20 departure).
in my case i am just talking about the arrival at Orly Airport ( it was in May of this year). it was a complete mess for the passeports controls. i remember seeing 2 very mad club2000 passengers next to me not understanding what's happening and completely lost.
Old Oct 30, 17, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Departing 2A Sunday around 1pm.
Very empty. They installed 5 brand new Gates with facial recognition to the left of the now-closed 4 old ones with fingerprint. They worked like a breeze. I believe that they need one agent per couple of gates. But was smooth and fast. Great.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: