Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Public sector strike in France on October 10th - some AF cancellations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Public sector strike in France, which will also result in some air traffic controllers going on strike.

The DGAC has said that airlines have been asked to reduce their scheduled flying by 30%.

Air France announced that all their longhaul flights and 75% of their short and medium haul flights will operate. (Don't ask my how they'll do what the DGAC has asked them to do, i.e. reduce by 30%)

Air France offers possibilities for rebooking, etc., as usual.

More information on their website. French version is here
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Public sector strike in France, which will also result in some air traffic controllers going on strike.

The DGAC has said that airlines have been asked to reduce their scheduled flying by 30%.

Air France announced that all their longhaul flights and 75% of their short and medium haul flights will operate. (Don't ask my how they'll do what the DGAC has asked them to do, i.e. reduce by 30%)

Air France offers possibilities for rebooking, etc., as usual.

More information on their website. French version is here
they act like everything will be back to normal on the 11th - is that likely? (I travel through CDG on the 12th)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I was forewarned of this back when the general action was announced. The strike will affect other public secteurs as well (transports).

I have a short-haul métropole flight tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.