NTE airside transit

Old Oct 5, 17, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

NTE airside transit

Hi, does Nantes have an airside connections route? Will be arriving on BE and departing on AF (latter possibly operated by Hop?) on separate tickets with about 90mins between flights (no checked luggage). If we have to go landside and back through security, any tips for doing this a quickly as possible?
Old Oct 6, 17, 9:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Miles&More, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Nikko5 View Post
Hi, does Nantes have an airside connections route? Will be arriving on BE and departing on AF (latter possibly operated by Hop?)
Don't count on that. Even for a Schengen to Schengen connection only a very few French airports allow airside connections (I only know CDG and LYS plus BOD for AF/A5 "official" connections).
Old Oct 6, 17, 11:36 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by Nikko5 View Post
(...)If we have to go landside and back through security, any tips for doing this a quickly as possible?
You will haver to go landside as Nico40 just told you.

No trick to go faster. Just follow the signs.

It is a small airport, so unless you first flight is significantly delayed, you will be fine.
Old Oct 6, 17, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated... ^
Old Oct 6, 17, 4:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Nico40 View Post
Don't count on that. Even for a Schengen to Schengen connection only a very few French airports allow airside connections (I only know CDG and LYS plus BOD for AF/A5 "official" connections).
MRS and NCE also allow airside connections.
Old Oct 6, 17, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by joyu12 View Post
MRS and NCE also allow airside connections.
is that new for NCE ? I did several connections to Corsica in NCE and had to go landside every time except once when my incoming flight from Paris was delayed and the connection time very short and an AF representative was waiting for me in the jetway and opened a magic door for me and I was able to stay airside. But the last time was 3-4 years ago so it seems to have changed as per your post. This is a nice improvement as French airports are very badly designed for this. I did a domestic-to-domestic connection in TLS recently and there is no airside connection possible there, which is really surprising for an airport of this size.
Old Oct 7, 17, 9:48 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
is that new for NCE ? I did several connections to Corsica in NCE and had to go landside every time except once when my incoming flight from Paris was delayed and the connection time very short and an AF representative was waiting for me in the jetway and opened a magic door for me and I was able to stay airside. But the last time was 3-4 years ago so it seems to have changed as per your post. This is a nice improvement as French airports are very badly designed for this. I did a domestic-to-domestic connection in TLS recently and there is no airside connection possible there, which is really surprising for an airport of this size.
I believe this indeed changed recently! Did two BIA-NCE-CDG legs a few months ago and there is now a dedicated transfer path in T2 just before the small staircase down to baggage claim. A scan of your BP lets you through. However in the evening it's hit or miss as they shut it down at will and force you landside. I would love to see better connection paths in the major French airports outside CDG!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: