Going between terminals at CDG w/o boarding pass

Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Going between terminals at CDG w/o boarding pass

Hi, wondering if those familiar with CDG can help me out. I am arriving on 16 Sept at CDG. I think I will arrive at terminal 2F (AF 0007 JFK to CDG arriving at 8.05am) traveling on US passport.

I just found out my parents are transiting through CDG that morning on a different trip. AF 7619 BOD to CDG arrives 10.55am and going on to AF 1738 CDG to VIE leaving at 12.30pm. I think they are both arriving and departing from 2E.

First, could anyone confirm that I have my terminals right.

I would love to catch them for 30 min or so. Would it be possible for me to stay airside and go to 2e from 2f even without a boarding pass for an onward flight. I seem to remember you can't leave 2f without passing immigration and now I'm not sure what the whole logistics will be and how to do it if it's even possible.

Many thanks!!!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Not possible, but you could meet them landside in 2E where they will be transiting
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

PS. I won't have checked luggage.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply! How would I get to 2e landside? Is that enough time for them to exit and then re enter the security line.

If I have to go landside anyway, would it matter if I check a bag? I'll have a lot of time until 11am.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Sorry I am arriving at 2e. They are arriving and leaving from 2f. I assume same circumstances apply.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Are you connecting to another flight, or is CDG your destination?

If there was enough time your parents could go landside (=enter France). You can do the same and meet them 'at the curb' at either your terminal, or theirs. Because once you have entered France you are free to move between terminals.

However in this case they do not have a lot of transfer time. They have plenty if they stay within the secure zone at 2F, but 90 minutes is not really enough to leave and come back.

So I would say that the only feasible way is if you also would have a connecting flight out of 2F. For them to exit would be a little risky with the limited time.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You won't be able to stay airside. So your only possibility will be to meet landside, meaning that your parents will have to exit and re-clear security after meeting with you. Feasible but their connection is not so long, so it's to you and them to decide it it worths it.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the replies!

Yes CDG Is my destination but we decided not to do it because my parents didn't want to have to clear security again.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ENFO
Thank you so much for the replies!

Yes CDG Is my destination but we decided not to do it because my parents didn't want to have to clear security again.
You have one solution : buy a fully flexible and refundable ticket to where you want in Schengen area (provided it leaves from 2F) for a departure quite later in the day.

Your boarding pass will allow you to enter 2F and you can spent time with your parents, even taking them to the gate and wave goodbye.

Then you exit the terminal and cancel you ticket.
ENFO likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: FB Petroleum
hmmm. from my experience you can just walk between 2F and 2E )K-pier). (Ok you move through customs/security twice...)

In the past 4 weeks, I had 4 flights connecting in CDG. (MPL/MRS-CDG-AMS), So all schengen.

In my opinion the lounge at the 2E -K-pier is far better then the lounge at 2F, hence I went through customs. I just explained that I wanted to go to the lounge, and they allowed me to.

Maybe I got lucky, but 4 out of 4 times is a pattern, not a coincidence.

Last edited by RobertMRS; Sep 18, 2017 at 11:44 am Reason: adding additional info
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by RobertMRS
hmmm. from my experience you can just walk between 2F and 2E )K-pier). (Ok you move through customs/security twice...)

In the past 4 weeks, I had 4 flights connecting in CDG. (MPL/MRS-CDG-AMS), So all schengen.

In my opinion the lounge at the 2E -K-pier is far better then the lounge at 2F, hence I went through customs. I just explained that I wanted to go to the lounge, and they allowed me to.

Maybe I got lucky, but 4 out of 4 times is a pattern, not a coincidence.
but you were connecting. Here, no connection. So there's no way OP will be allowed to go to 2F via the connection circuit because he/she has nothing to do there (no BP).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:15 pm

Should be possible for your parents to meeting you landside.
In 2F you don't have the passeport control so go landside is quite easy and quick then, after, they will have jut to pass the security.
For you going from 2e to 2f is 3mm by feet (once the passeport control passed of course, this part can be much loon....guer...)

Otherwise the trick from carnarvon should work as well, good idea

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.