Search

CDG transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:51 pm
THR
Original Poster

CDG transfer time

Hi all,

I don't seem to be able to get a consistent answer, so hopefully people in the AF forum can help.

I am arriving in terminal one on an SQ flight at 7.30am. We then need to transfer to an AF flight to travel to BCN. (Routing straight to BCN is not an option.)

The AF flight leaves from terminal 2F. There is both a 9.50am and a 12.30pm.

Obviously the 12.30pm is do-able, but I would prefer the 9.50am.

We would need to retrieve our baggage and re-check it in (as I don't think SQ/AF would interline on separate reservations). Perhaps even clear some form of customs (to what extent, I am not sure).

Is the 9.50am feasible, based on this information? That's ~ 2 hours, not accounting for SQ being delayed, taxiing time, etc.

Appreciate your feedback
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold
While this would still be within the minimum connection time, I strongly advise against the 9.50 am flight assuming you will be on separate tickets. SQ will arrive in Terminal 1 where you will have to clear immigration, retrieve your bags and clear customs. Immigration alone can take at least 30 minutes.

Transfer between T1 and 2F will be via CDGVAL automatic train and takes about 10'. You will arrive at the Terminal 2 interchange from where 2F is reachable on foot within 5-10'. Check-in for the AF flight will close at 9.10 am, boarding gate will close at 9.30 am.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:39 pm
THR
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.

On checking the SQ forum, it appears I might be able to interline baggage directly to the AF flight, not requiring us to retrieve and check it in again. That might help?

If we buy flexible fares and miss the connection, is there a chance they will move us to the 'same day next flight', if available?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by THR
Thanks for the advice.

On checking the SQ forum, it appears I might be able to interline baggage directly to the AF flight, not requiring us to retrieve and check it in again. That might help?

If we buy flexible fares and miss the connection, is there a chance they will move us to the 'same day next flight', if available?
SQ and AF do have an interline agreement but if you're on separate tickets, the carrier is not obliged to interline. It would surely help and with the known certainty of SQ interlining with AF I'd actually book the 9.50 am connection. To know for sure, you should contact SQ about whether they agree to interline or not.

Regarding a flexible ticket: If your new ticket for the later flight is more expensive, you pay a fare readjustment with no modification fee. See also what is stated on the AF website.
Flex fare: On the day of your flight's departure, you can take an earlier or later flight than planned, subject to availability, at no extra charge.
With the flexible ticket from AF you would also have Sky Priority access, which can speed up things (dedicated check-in at 2F, dedicated security line) quite significantly.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:09 pm
THR
Original Poster

Thank you for that information. I wasn't aware the flexible ticket provided priority.

We're travelling in F on SQ: someone mentioned that might help with the interlining.

I'll book the Flexi ticket on AF 9.50 and just roll the dice

Appreciate your help.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by THR
Hi all,

Is the 9.50am feasible, based on this information? That's ~ 2 hours, not accounting for SQ being delayed, taxiing time, etc.

Appreciate your feedback
The only thing not accounted for is a delay, the taxiing time and the ect. are accounted for. The arrival time is when the door opens. That being said I wouldn't risk this unless you can book it on a single ticket.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:33 am
THR
Original Poster

Thanks. We booked flexi so supposedly can adjust on the day, subject to availability. Hopefully SQ will interline the luggage.

I'd rather take the risk than wait additional time at CDG if I don't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.