FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   La Première with an Infant (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1864361-la-premiere-infant.html)

tally99 Sep 3, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for all of the advice, I decided to call Delta as suggested. The agent I spoke with was very nice, looked up my reservation and said that everything was in order. She claims that the infant in arms restriction is only for Le Premiere and that I am booked in Business Class. Not sure how this is possible as the fare class on my ticket is F, class of service says "First" and my seat is 2E on an Airbus A380, in addition when I do a mock booking for the same flight in Le Premiere, both my and my wife's seat show occupied.

I feel at this point I've gone above and beyond to remedy this situation. I could try to call Air France directly rather than Delta, however I believe Delta handles customer service for Air France in the US. So at this point I will just trust that the agent who booked the flight and the agent who confirmed it are correct and that all is order.

I'll update this thread upon my return.

carnarvon Sep 3, 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by tally99 (Post 28771284)
I believe Delta handles customer service for Air France in the US. So at this point I will just trust that the agent who booked the flight and the agent who confirmed it are correct.

You're obviously heading (looking?) for trouble.

Correct as ? Booked in F or in Biz?

You can reach AF La Premiere line direct.

Go to airfrance.fr and start booking 2 seats in First with second PAX an infant.

You will be prevented from going further and told to call a French number which is a dedicated line for La Premiere customers. Tis class of travel is a very prestigious product and if you are indeed booked in F, then you will have top notch service from the people handling your call.

Calchas Sep 3, 2017 3:58 pm

So at this point I will just trust that the agent who booked the flight and the agent who confirmed it are correct and that all is order.

I too look for excitement and surprise on my air travels

:p

San Gottardo Sep 3, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for all of the advice, I decided to call Delta as suggested. The agent I spoke with was very nice, looked up my reservation and said that everything was in order. She claims that the infant in arms restriction is only for Le Premiere and that I am booked in Business Class. Not sure how this is possible as the fare class on my ticket is F, class of service says "First" and my seat is 2E on an Airbus A380, in addition when I do a mock booking for the same flight in Le Premiere, both my and my wife's seat show occupied.

I feel at this point I've gone above and beyond to remedy this situation. I could try to call Air France directly rather than Delta, however I believe Delta handles customer service for Air France in the US. So at this point I will just trust that the agent who booked the flight and the agent who confirmed it are correct and that all is order.

"But I've called Delta" will not serve in lieu of a valid ticket for your infant. AF will laugh at you and sell you a ticket for $$$, should there still be seats available. You don't want to find yourself in a situation where you have to make this booking and payment last minute at the airport, and the airline by then has given out all remaining seats to passengers who have paid by money or miles to be in Premiere.

The mere fact that the Delta agent has told you that you are travelling in business shows how incompetent that person is. You have found out yourself that you are in premiere on the AF flight. Call AF

Klems Sep 3, 2017 5:43 pm

FYI, I once talked to a Delta agent on the phone when I was trying to make some changes to an AF booking, and she was struggling a lot. She passed me on to a supervisor, and we chatted a bit and the supervisor told me that basically they don't have FULL access to AF systems, and they often have issues when they have to do anything because they're lacking features. Probably best to call AF in France, or better yet the La Premiere line indeed.

Sjondorn Sep 3, 2017 10:33 pm

How did you manage booking La Premiere trough Delta? I don't see anywhere the option on their site, offers just Delta One / Business class.

brunos Sep 4, 2017 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn (Post 28773392)
How did you manage booking La Premiere trough Delta? I don't see anywhere the option on their site, offers just Delta One / Business class.

I was indeed wondering the same. You might have gone through a TA who issued on DL stock. Then the TA should sort things out.
But your story looks puzzling especially since DL sees it as business all the way.
You must have an eticket and I assume that you can see your booking on DL or even AF website. What do you see there?
Did you buy the tickets for yourself and then added a paid infant? Did you get, one way or another, some award tickets and added a paid infant?

Calchas Sep 4, 2017 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn (Post 28773392)

Go to advance search and pick First or "First (F)" on the drop down list of fare classes.

https://i.imgur.com/HtbMnFkl.png

You can also book (almost) any AF flight you like via DL on the telephone.

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 28773838)
I was indeed wondering the same. You might have gone through a TA who issued on DL stock.

tally99 states quite clearly to have booked through Delta in post 1.

brunos Sep 4, 2017 4:13 am

Thanks for the tip.

bodory Sep 4, 2017 4:21 am

To the OP: I second others and suggest you to call as quickly as possible the dedicated Premiere line (+33 1 56 93 10 05) to sort that out. They answer 24/7.

orbitmic Sep 4, 2017 8:01 am

Indeed I think the phone call gives even more reason than before to be worried! If you are booked in business but assigned in P it might be that none of the three of you actually has a valid ticket and matching assignment. OP has definitely gone 'above and beyond' to give DL a chance to sort their mess out but DL won't be there to pick up the pieces when op comes to fly on their AF flight...

EmptyKim Sep 6, 2017 4:09 pm

Get there super early to make sure you have plenty of time during the check-in process. If you get through fast, enjoy the lounge. If it takes a lot of time to figure it all out, at least you won't miss your flight.

thexfactor Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Bump.

Pilot2007 Jul 12, 2023 6:16 pm

I always fly La Premiere

My baby is 16m old and he’s great on flights. My husband and I only fly first class and la premiere, and look—you are a customer as well. Don’t let the haters affect your flight experience. They don’t understand how difficult it is to travel with kids sometimes.

I know you’ll be fine to downgrade to business class, even though you might have to switch flights. As for la premiere, yes your baby needs a ticket. Usually my husband and I just buy out the entire la premiere cabin so we don’t have to deal with that crap and we can gift the extra seats to other mamas with kids once we get in the air.

Let the haters hate ✈️ 😛

Originally Posted by tally99 (Post 28759523)
My wife and I are flying to CDG with our 15 month old infant. We booked through Delta and are flying a Delta plane to CDG and an Air France plane on the way back to the US. We're doing infant in arms on both segments and already paid Delta the nearly $1,000 for the infant ticket which is confirmed on both segments.

Here's the problem...we're flying Delta One / Business on the way to CDG, but on the way back we're flying Le Primere / First on Air France. Looking at Air France's website, it appears infants must have their own seat in Le Primere. What are we supposed to do at this point? I'm thinking we leave it alone and let it get sorted out at the airport. It could be a rule they don't actually enforce or they could force us to downgrade to Business where infants do not require their own seat (in which case Delta would hopefully provide some sort of compensation). My fear is that calling reservations now to sort it out will either result in cancelled tickets or crazy fees.