Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Armageddon at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Luggage Armageddon at CDG

On a short trip of two days from MRS to Scotland my bag managed not to make the connection both times, with AF beating a record for not delivering my bag at destination on consecutive days. Quite an achievement. Fortunately the subcontractor in Scotland was brilliant and had it to me (no man feat as I was many miles from the airport) within 6 hours. Not so much once i returned to France. The very harassed woman at the baggage office in MRS explained that MRS was no longer accepting to treat dossiers of lost luggage and that it was all being done from CDG. This meant that AF was refusing to fly any missing bags down to MRS and was trucking everything by Geodis from CDG directly. She explained that many thousands of bags are undelivered and stuck at CDG, due, she said to a lack of personnel. And of course FB status makes no difference. I am Platinum for Life and I have been waiting since Sunday afternoon. Maybe tomorrow is the last word. So beware of CDG short connections even more than usual as, if the queue outside the office in MRS is anything to go by, you are likely to arrive without your checked baggage!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by AshleyB
So beware of CDG short connections even more than usual as, if the queue outside the office in MRS is anything to go by, you are likely to arrive without your checked baggage!
That sucks.
I'd like to add that short connections aren't the only issue; baggage can and does get lost even with a 2.5hr connection (Europe-USA both on AF).
The bag sat in CDG for 3 days, when it was finally sent on the original itinerary and delivered to me (at my address, but that was handled by DL).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
As an update I have just heard that the normal delay for delivery outside Paris is now 3 days minimum and 5 or even 6 days as the norm. In fact my bag was only prise en charge late this afternoon so it has been sitting at CDG since Sunday. With the strikes looming it is only going to get worse.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:18 am

Bag lost, presumably at CDG for 3 days

As an update I have just heard that the normal delay for delivery outside Paris is now 3 days minimum and 5 or even 6 days as the norm. In fact my bag was only prise en charge late this afternoon so it has been sitting at CDG since Sunday. With the strikes looming it is only going to get worse.
where did you hear that? I flew from JFK in New York to Prague with a connection in CDG (1h 40 min). I spoke with AF representative at CDG to make sure that I did not need to pick up my suitcase and check it in again for the flight to Prague. CDG - Prague flight was handled by Czech airlines. My bag never made it to Prague. I filed a claim at the airport, and they said that the bag was loaded onto a later flight in JFK on Sept 9th, and that it would be on the next flight to Prague (Sept 10th). This was three days ago. The bag never made it to Prague, although the bag tracer web site keeps showing forwarding information with that Sept 10th flight. However, it also says "tracing continues, check later". What does that mean? Did they lose the bag after they scanned it for loading onto Prague-bound flight? I am devastated, as my vacation seems to be completely ruined. The bag had all my clothes and tons of gifts for my family. I also cannot update any information on the luggage tracer. All they have is my hotel address up to Sept 13th. I called the customer service and gave them my address for the next 3 days, but it does not show up when I enter my tracing code. Is that somewhat normal for CDG, or is my bag likely gone forever?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
On a short trip of two days from MRS to Scotland my bag managed not to make the connection both times, with AF beating a record for not delivering my bag at destination on consecutive days. Quite an achievement. Fortunately the subcontractor in Scotland was brilliant and had it to me (no man feat as I was many miles from the airport) within 6 hours. Not so much once i returned to France. The very harassed woman at the baggage office in MRS explained that MRS was no longer accepting to treat dossiers of lost luggage and that it was all being done from CDG. This meant that AF was refusing to fly any missing bags down to MRS and was trucking everything by Geodis from CDG directly. She explained that many thousands of bags are undelivered and stuck at CDG, due, she said to a lack of personnel. And of course FB status makes no difference. I am Platinum for Life and I have been waiting since Sunday afternoon. Maybe tomorrow is the last word. So beware of CDG short connections even more than usual as, if the queue outside the office in MRS is anything to go by, you are likely to arrive without your checked baggage!
I have never heard of that! I do not see the logic and this is totally unacceptable. You should definitely fill a complaint.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There could be some industrial action by some bagage handlers in CDG or MRS. Then it might be safer to send them by trucks than by planes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.