FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   IntraEurope + Transfer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1862633-intraeurope-transfer.html)

TimWong Aug 22, 17 10:13 pm

IntraEurope + Transfer

I have a connection from a flight arriving at 19:20 CDG Terminal 2F (from LIS) to a flight departing at 20:20 CDG Terminal 2G.

1.) Do I have to care about transfer time at CDG? How long does it take to go to terminal 2G? Is there another security control? (Would a lounge be located after security control?)

2.) The flight departing at 20:20 is on AF HOP - Embraer-170. Does AF HOP usually have bus transfers to the plane (remote Position)? Or is there a cance with direct gate access. The flight is to STR. (Maybe in STR another Bus ride :eek: )

3.) Is the first row in an Embraer-170 ok or does the first row have limited leg room? I'm aware that the neighbour seat will not be blocked. Does AF HOP serve some Snacks + beverages if travelling on a business ticket or should I bring my own?

Goldorak Aug 23, 17 2:44 am

1) it is tight but feasible providing the LIS flight is on-time. This connection will involve a bus as 2G is not reachable by walking. No additional security control. There is a lounge airside in 2G, but I doubt you'll have time to go in with a 1hr-connection.
2) no bus for boarding at 2G. This is a terminal only for RJ. Planes are just parked 10m from the gate and you just walk.
3) the 1st row is the best and has extra legroom
4) food and drinks will be served in J

TimWong Aug 23, 17 2:57 am

Thanks, just changed my seat to 1st row

Zarmakuizz Aug 23, 17 3:17 am

From experience, it usually takes me 15-20 minutes from landing at 2G to reaching the departure gate at 2F. The shuttle is often immediately available, or at worst shows up after a 2-3 minutes wait. I don't remember much from 2F to 2G, but I think it was even less than that.

As Goldorak said, probably not enough time to enjoy the lounge, still enough time to connect. If you are in Business, you surely don't need to eat at the lounge anyway. Enjoy your meal!

TimWong Oct 7, 17 6:03 am

Ok, I had enough time to stay in the lounge the other morning ... incoming flight was delayed so that I had no chance to catch the flight from terminal 2G.

AF send me to the Holiday Inn :(

Now I have to send a claim as the transfer desk said I need to use the website. Does AF give money vouchers only or do I have a real chance to get money for my 12h delay?

olivedel Oct 7, 17 6:55 am

Originally Posted by TimWong (Post 28903673)
AF send me to the Holiday Inn :(

Bad luck, they usually send J PAX to Sheraton or Hilton

Originally Posted by TimWong (Post 28903673)
Now I have to send a claim as the transfer desk said I need to use the website. Does AF give money vouchers only or do I have a real chance to get money for my 12h delay?

You are eligible to cash compensation, and they will probably throw some miles too.

Ditto Oct 7, 17 6:55 am

AF are bound by EC261/2004 like any other EU airline, if you are eligible for compensation, they will have to give you cash.