Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concerned about AF connection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Concerned about AF connection

Several months ago I booked NYC --> Naples via Air France in business class for a vacation

Flights are AF 11 to CDG (scheduled to arrive at CDG at 11:15am) followed by AF 1378 (scheduled to depart CDG at 12:45pm).

I was reading something on the Delta forum about CDG connections which made me a bit concerned this is tight to begin with and this morning I looked up flight performance and it looks like AF11 has a 53% on-time rating, which is kind of terrifying when the baseline is that 1.5 hrs is already cutting it close at CDG even if on time.

We are scheduled to go to Capri in the afternoon so if we don't get to Naples at a reasonable hour, we miss the ferry, etc..

I'm aware in hindsight we should have been more careful in planning but the question is whether at this point there's anything we can do without paying massive change fees. I will be calling AF this morning but before doing so wanted to post to see if anybody has potentially helpful arguments/terms of art to use with them.

To the extent it's worth anything (I assume it's not), I am platinum on Delta.

Appreciate everybody's thoughts in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:29 am

Unless your tickets are flexible, I don't see a point in calling AF, what do you expect the outcome to be?
1h30 should be enough for such a connection, so as long as your incoming flight arrives in time (or even with a short delay) you should still make your connection.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I took AF11 3 times this year, security and passport are quick at this hour so it should be fine.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I just flew AF11 and immigration was not too crowded at that time.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
1h30 should be fine. Of course, your flight can be 1 hour late and then you'll miss your connection, but then equally, it can easily arrive 30 minutes early and you'll have plenty of lounge time. There are dedicated threads to AF connections on this forum which gives you more information on your acces no1 priority as J customer etc.

As for the other end, there are ferries between Napoli and Capri literally all the time so if you miss yours, you'll just get the next basically, but that part is more for the destination forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.