Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
This wikipost presents an updated summary of AF plans for retrofitting the long-haul fleet with new J (and W) seats. For more details, please refer to the thread below

Last update on 23 APR 2024

B772
21 planes. All B772 are already retrofitted with the BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat). A refit programme is underway to standardise the 772 fleet with a 28J 32W 268M configuration, with refits expected to be complete before summer 2024.
- Seating config 1: C28W32Y268
- Seating config 2: C28W24Y260
- Seating config 3: C40W32Y216

B77W
Version with P (19 planes out of 43 77W): 19/19 completed (F-GSQA, F-GSQB, F-GSQC, F-GSQF, F-GSQG, F-GSQH, F-GSQI, F-GSQJ, F-GSQK, F-GSQL, F-GSQM, F-GSQU, F-GSQV, F-GSQY, F-GZNA, F-GZNB, F-GZNC, F-GZND, and F-GZNE)
- They are already all retrofitted with the BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat).
- Seating config: F4C58W28Y206

COI version (14J) (12 planes out of 43 B77W): all retrofitted (F-GSQO, F-GSQP, F-GSQT, F-GSQX, F-GZNG. F-GSQS, F-GZNF, F-GSQR, F-GSQN, F-GZNO, F-GZNL and F-GZNN).
- The J seat is Zodiac Optima (same as chosen for the A350), similar to the UA Polaris seat. The config is 1-2-1 and total 14J.
- The W seat is the same as in the B789.
- Seating config: C14W32Y422

Remaining 77W (the 12 planes in NEV4 "loisirs" config (42J)): 10/12 completed (F-GZNK, F-GZNP, F-GZNQ, F-GZNS, F-GZNT, F-GZNI, F-GZNR, F-GZNU, F-GZNJ, and F-GZNH)
- The new seat will be a slightly improved version of the BEST seat, with a door for privacy.
- Retrofits started in March 2022 and were projected to finish by the end of 2023, but they are late.
- Aircraft in retrofit: F-GSQD (arrived @ ORY 28 Feb), F-GSQE (arrived @ ORY 19 Apr)
- Seating config: C48W48Y273
- Old config: C42W24Y315

B789
- Direct deliveries with BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat, slightly smaller than the 777 one, due to fuselage width limitation).
- Ten planes have been delivered to AF (F-HRBA to F-HRBJ).
- AF initially ordered 15 B789, with the remaining to go to KL.
- Seating config: C30W21Y228

A332
- 15 planes. Retrofitted in 2-2-2 with the Stelia Equinoxe seat. A similar seat can be seen in the UX B787. Also, the W seats are the same as the B789.
- More info on A332 retrofit can be found in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-retrofit.html
- Since October 2020, all aircraft have the new cabin.
- Seating config: C36W21Y167

A343
Update 01/2020: Only 4 planes remaining (in Joon livery & interiors : F-GLZK/N/O/P). They will leave the fleet between 03/3020 and end 2021.
All retired per ch-aviation.

A359
- Overall, AF will have 38 A359. 22 planes have been delivered as of 22/09/2023:
First batch (20): F-HTYA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R/S/T
- Direct delivery with Zodiac Optima, similar to UA Polaris seat (see above B777 COI). Config 1-2-1.
- The W seat is a Recaro recliner seat.
- All the A359 ordered for both AF & KL are finally going to AF (while KL will receive all the B789 remaining to be delivered on the AF sub-order).
- As per an information post by frausflyer , the 20th A350 (likely F-HTYT) to be delivered to AF will have a P cabin. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33283076-post467.html. However, this eventually did not happen, and F-HTYT has the same cabin as the 19 aircraft that preceded it.
- Seating config: C34W24Y266

Second batch (7/18): F-HUVA/B/C/D/E/F/G
- The 21st A359 (F-HUVA) has the new 48J cabin with small differences compared to the B77W one. According to Aerolopa, it and 17 A350s to follow will not have P.
- Seating config: C48W32Y212

A388
All A380 will leave the fleet by 2022 and so, will not be retrofitted with new seats. F-HPJB is the 1st to leave the fleet : it has been returned to the lessor in January 2020.
All retired June 26 2020 due to COVID-19.

Print Wikipost

updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
I'm flying JFK - CDG on Dec 20th in J. Do we have any sense of which flight time might be most likely to feature the new J seat at this point? Or is it all just luck?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fates
I'm flying JFK - CDG on Dec 20th in J. Do we have any sense of which flight time might be most likely to feature the new J seat at this point? Or is it all just luck?
all luck as several changes may occur between now and december.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Fates

i just booked the Same flight AF in J for Oct 24 instead of Oct 17 on KLM . Will I be sorry ?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Just got off a 42J 77W to BKK and I'm quite flabbergasted that AF continued taking factory fresh deliveries of these seats whilst the Best cabins were being installed. Cabin was very tired, IFE kept on having to be reset and the power outlets also took a reset or two to work. Then my moving map decided it wanted to become a night club and start flashing around, not great.

I really miss when BKK was a A350 or a COI destination now.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:21 am

I planed a trip to BKK for the end of the year in J.
As I did not want to play the Russian roulette with AF cabin configuration, I took the decision to book TG which operate daily flights from CDG in A359 and a very good hard on board product.
milesaddict and olivedel like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Bullspread
I planed a trip to BKK for the end of the year in J.
As I did not want to play the Russian roulette with AF cabin configuration, I took the decision to book TG which operate daily flights from CDG in A359 and a very good hard on board product.
Much better airline and service anyways.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: flyingblue
Damn... new B77W cabin by AF is delayed to sept 1st... (af16/17).
F-GZNK is always sleeping in BOD.
To end of august, AF16/17 remplaces by a B772 (28J).
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I am flying CDG JFK June 19 in J
On AF 0016.

any way to know if the seat selection I have Made in 1-2-1 will remain
TIA
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
(Deleted)
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by FlyAO2; Jul 17, 2022 at 2:27 pm Reason: wrong
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
BKK : I already reported in the other thread that they changed my outbound 24hrs after booking to move it the day before and they informed me by email of this change. I decided to keep the new date. A few days ago, looking at my bookings in AF apps, I discovered a mention for the return flight BKK-CDG (AF) that there was a change and this change was return flight postponed by one day . I didn't receive any notification of this change and I discovered it by chance. This is happening way too frequently since the beginning of the pandemic. As I can't stay one more day, I called the Ulti line who rebooked me on KL. At least, I will avoid the NEV4...
Those schedule changes are really a pain, especially when they don't inform you. So for those of you who have tickets to BKK, check your bookings, just in case.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
BKK : I already reported in the other thread that they changed my outbound 24hrs after booking to move it the day before and they informed me by email of this change. I decided to keep the new date. A few days ago, looking at my bookings in AF apps, I discovered a mention for the return flight BKK-CDG (AF) that there was a change and this change was return flight postponed by one day . I didn't receive any notification of this change and I discovered it by chance. This is happening way too frequently since the beginning of the pandemic. As I can't stay one more day, I called the Ulti line who rebooked me on KL. At least, I will avoid the NEV4...
Those schedule changes are really a pain, especially when they don't inform you. So for those of you who have tickets to BKK, check your bookings, just in case.
I have just checked my booking for Bkk,
my flight has also been changed to the day before which will not work for me as it will make my trip 61 days on a 60 day visa.

Before I ring customer service ,would they change my flight to klm without a fee,
my booking fare is o and I have no status with Air France
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Scaz
my flight has also been changed to the day before which will not work for me as it will make my trip 61 days on a 60 day visa.

Before I ring customer service ,would they change my flight to klm without a fee,
Most probably yes if it allows you to travel on the same day.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: FlyingBlue

Seems it’s the new normal for flights to Asia now.

Anyone tried to invoke EC261 or right to care when it gets too annoying ?
I guess they would be hard pressed to argue that those frequent rescheduling are due to unforeseen events… but maybe they could make up a notification more than 15 days before…
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Welcome to Flyerttalk Scaz! Yes there should be really no issue moving you to KL so that you can fly on the days you booked regardless of class or status, as long as there is space in your cabin of reservation (but it shouldn't need to be O space, just as long as it is economy). You may also be able to move to an earlier AF flight if you prefer like the day before if it is operated.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:53 am

Thank you for the help

i have managed to rebook to klm.
I’ve managed to get a seat on the new 787. 1/2/1 layout so it has worked out better for me.
orbitmic and PETERPNYC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.