Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Premium Economy vs Economy with small children

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Air France Premium Economy vs Economy with small children

Apologies if discussed before. Just a few thoughts.

I've flown Air France business and that was fine. Certainly no complaints from me.

I've also flown AF Economy and that was fine. I had enough room in the seat and I've always found (like Lufthansa) that the stewards and stewardess on AF are pleasant and very polite and decent.

I didn't care for Premium Economy though. It wasn't a heck of a lot more, but I felt the leg room for me (at 6' tall) was nugatory. And I find that traveling with small children, it was actually better to be in economy because you could put up the seat divider. And at least with my wife and kids, they're so little that having a row of four sets with all the arm rests up felt like business class to me! You couldn't do that in Premium Economy.

A small consideration but maybe one to consider.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
AF's PE seat is not the best hard product in the market, not even closed to the best IMO.

It is the same thing as a seat in Emergency Exit, the armrest can't be lifted. It does give more legroom, but eventually less seat width when the seat next to you is empty.

There is a lot of discussion here on FT, or else where about the PE in AF, be liked or disliked. However, it does give you extra width, extra legroom, extra recline, better meal, priority boarding, etc. When I find rows of empty seats in economy, I will not hesitate to move back to have a full row to sleep after my dinner in PE, but I rarely have that chance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.