FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Best AIR FRANCE lounge in CDG 2E? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1859177-best-air-france-lounge-cdg-2e.html)

AZ112 Aug 6, 2017 8:17 am

Best AIR FRANCE lounge in CDG 2E?

Hi guys,
I've booked a business class ticket from CDG to PUJ.
I know that there are three lounge in 2E terminal: one in the M area, another in K area and a last one in L area but is closed until january '18...which is the best one?

p.s: anyone has recent experience about business class on 777-300 Caribbean?:confused:
Tks ;)

AStarr Aug 6, 2017 11:32 am

I was going to ask this same question (just about)... we're flying through CDG in 2E and 2F on business class (CPH-CDG-IAD) and I was curious what the lounge options were like

AlicorporateUK Aug 6, 2017 12:14 pm

The lounge in concourse M would be my first choice but it shuts at 2PM.

G

AStarr Aug 6, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 28655010)

G

I think we're early AM coming out of CPH... and landing early on the return. Hmm

AlicorporateUK Aug 6, 2017 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 28655547)
I think we're early AM coming out of CPH... and landing early on the return. Hmm

Your IAD flight will depart from either K, L or M (Goldorak will probably be able to come up with some statistics based on previous flight history/experience, as to whether a gate in either of the above halls will be more likely than the other): assuming you're on the first AF service out of CPH and connecting to the 1:25PM flight to IAD, then you will pretty much have choice to visit any lounge (including the one in question in concourse M) because of the long layover. On your way back, your CPH flight will depart from 2F and you would therefore be heading to one of the lounges located in the same concourse.

G

Goldorak Aug 6, 2017 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 28654284)
Hi guys,
I've booked a business class ticket from CDG to PUJ.
I know that there are three lounge in 2E terminal: one in the M area, another in K area and a last one in L area but is closed until january '18...which is the best one?

Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 28654880)
I was going to ask this same question (just about)... we're flying through CDG in 2E and 2F on business class (CPH-CDG-IAD) and I was curious what the lounge options were like

The rule is that you must use the lounge of the concourse you are departing from. But there is an exception with L at the moment due to the partial closure of it. At certain times, there are special airside shuttles between K and L and L and M to allow pax to go to another lounge. Check the lounge thread in this forum for more info (and if you have booked directly with AF, you will also receive an e-mail before your departure with some information about this.

@AStarr : on your return, you will go to the lounge in 2F.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 28655010)

Now, M concourse closes later (4-5 pm)

AStarr Aug 6, 2017 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 28655696)
Your IAD flight will depart from either K, L or M (Goldorak will probably be able to come up with some statistics based on previous flight history/experience, as to whether a gate in either of the above halls will be more likely than the other): assuming you're on the first AF service out of CPH and connecting to the 1:25PM flight to IAD, then you will pretty much have choice to visit any lounge (including the one in question in concourse M) because of the long layover. On your way back, your CPH flight will depart from 2F and you would therefore be heading to one of the lounges located in the same concourse.

G

Ah yay this is exactly what I needed. We do have the long layovers - I wanted lounge exploration and shopping time.

While we're here - the tickets note that we're changing from 2E and 2F - that requires a bus connection? Going through security again? Anything crazy? I'm not overly familiar with CDG

AStarr Aug 6, 2017 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28655851)
The rule is that you must use the lounge of the concourse you are departing from. But there is an exception with L at the moment due to the partial closure of it. At certain times, there are special airside shuttles between K and L and L and M to allow pax to go to another lounge. Check the lounge thread in this forum for more info (and if you have booked directly with AF, you will also receive an e-mail before your departure with some information about this.

@AStarr : on your return, you will go to the lounge in 2F.

Now, M concourse closes later (4-5 pm)

Ah wonderful. Thank you.

Goldorak Aug 6, 2017 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by AStarr (Post 28655860)
Ah yay this is exactly what I needed. We do have the long layovers - I wanted lounge exploration and shopping time.

While we're here - the tickets note that we're changing from 2E and 2F - that requires a bus connection? Going through security again? Anything crazy? I'm not overly familiar with CDG

From 2E to 2F : No bus connection. Either just walking, or train + walk. You'll go through security and immigration. Only possible crazy thing might be very long lines at immigration at certain times.
From 2F to 2E : just immigration (no security). Just walking, unless you have to go o concourse M and for this you will take a bus.

AStarr Aug 7, 2017 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28656909)
From 2E to 2F : No bus connection. Either just walking, or train + walk. You'll go through security and immigration. Only possible crazy thing might be very long lines at immigration at certain times.
From 2F to 2E : just immigration (no security). Just walking, unless you have to go o concourse M and for this you will take a bus.

Immigration is going to be weird for us no matter what - he's an EU citizen whereas I'm on a US passport with both Danish and UK residency permits. Not sure if that will bring up issues - anyways, that's off topic.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to do the shopping after we change between 2E and 2F

SDQBound Aug 7, 2017 6:43 am

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 28654284)
p.s: anyone has recent experience about business class on 777-300 Caribbean?:confused:
Tks ;)

In two words: VERY BAD

The outbound service is a bit better though, you will get a nice lunch plus a hot snack 1 hour before arriving to PUJ. I think there are only 2 meal choices, and service throughout the flight is notably reduced (no snack basket in the galley, only a few drinks available at the galley). Seats are the old ones (NEV4), which are not that bad, but definitely not as good as the new ones.

For the return, it gets tricky: Check-in and security at PUJ are a big mess. There is a SkyPriority line but only has 1 or 2 agents. Security is long and slow even on the "VIP LINE" that you get access when flying Business, and passport control also takes quite some time. The lounge is small, they give you 2 free cocktails (margaritas are very good at this specific location!)

If you are flying on a Monday or Thursday (and not flying during the winter season), your flight is not going to Paris: It has a stop in Santo Domingo, so you fly for 20 minutes without an assigned seat, deplane at SDQ, go through a transit corridor, and get back to the gate area. As you walk back to the gate area, you will find the lounge, also very small and overcrowded due to the IB, UX, and other departures around the same time.

Service on the return flight is minimal. Again, not as many meal choices as a US-CDG flight and brought alltogether in a tray. Overall disappointing for the cost of the ticket.

I gave up with this flight in favor of a much less expensive CDG/ORY-JFK-SDQ/PUJ, where business class, when purchased in advance, costs half of what the nonstop CDG-SDQ/PUJ costs.

AZ112 Aug 7, 2017 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28657714)
In two words: VERY BAD

The outbound service is a bit better though, you will get a nice lunch plus a hot snack 1 hour before arriving to PUJ. I think there are only 2 meal choices, and service throughout the flight is notably reduced (no snack basket in the galley, only a few drinks available at the galley). Seats are the old ones (NEV4), which are not that bad, but definitely not as good as the new ones.

For the return, it gets tricky: Check-in and security at PUJ are a big mess. There is a SkyPriority line but only has 1 or 2 agents. Security is long and slow even on the "VIP LINE" that you get access when flying Business, and passport control also takes quite some time. The lounge is small, they give you 2 free cocktails (margaritas are very good at this specific location!)

If you are flying on a Monday or Thursday (and not flying during the winter season), your flight is not going to Paris: It has a stop in Santo Domingo, so you fly for 20 minutes without an assigned seat, deplane at SDQ, go through a transit corridor, and get back to the gate area. As you walk back to the gate area, you will find the lounge, also very small and overcrowded due to the IB, UX, and other departures around the same time.

Service on the return flight is minimal. Again, not as many meal choices as a US-CDG flight and brought alltogether in a tray. Overall disappointing for the cost of the ticket.

I gave up with this flight in favor of a much less expensive CDG/ORY-JFK-SDQ/PUJ, where business class, when purchased in advance, costs half of what the nonstop CDG-SDQ/PUJ costs.

Thank you so much for sharing with me your experience.

Why, in your opinion, service is reduced on this route? :td::td::(:( so sad to hear that!!
I've choose business class first of all for seats and for sleep during the return flight and will travel with me my uncle, she's 82.

It's my second time that I travel with air france in PUJ (first time was in 2013) and I know that PUJ airport it's not very "Business Class addicted"...but it's ok.

SDQBound Aug 7, 2017 8:47 am

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 28658184)
Thank you so much for sharing with me your experience.

Why, in your opinion, service is reduced on this route? :td::td::(:( so sad to hear that!!
I've choose business class first of all for seats and for sleep during the return flight and will travel with me my uncle, she's 82.

It's my second time that I travel with air france in PUJ (first time was in 2013) and I know that PUJ airport it's not very "Business Class addicted"...but it's ok.

It's a COI (Caribbean and Indian Ocean) destination, where service is reduced and the Business Class cabin is much smaller (only 14 passengers).

The seat will be fine. 3 Years ago this was the best seat AF had and people survived long trips on them. With the expedite meal service, you will be able to sleep a lot.

AZ112 Aug 7, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28658200)
It's a COI (Caribbean and Indian Ocean) destination, where service is reduced and the Business Class cabin is much smaller (only 14 passengers).

The seat will be fine. 3 Years ago this was the best seat AF had and people survived long trips on them. With the expedite meal service, you will be able to sleep a lot.

I know that they use aircraft with reduced business class cabin, but I didn't imagine the service was cheaper, as the tickets are almost more expensive than the US ones.

toastedcafe Aug 7, 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by AZ112 (Post 28658228)
I know that they use aircraft with reduced business class cabin, but I didn't imagine the service was cheaper, as the tickets are almost more expensive than the US ones.

Discussion about COI service :
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ing-route.html