Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will be JOON's first [last] routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NickB
Well, it has to be either "subliminally ecstatic as if one was in a dream" or "eminently forgettable, so much so that one literally does not remember drinking any" depending on the kind of perspective you want to adopt.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Thai
Why do Joon's flight attendant outfits make me think of the 60's TV show "The Prisoner"? LOL
Old May 29, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cameron38
Why do Joon's flight attendant outfits make me think of the 60's TV show "The Prisoner"? LOL
" I am not a seat number... I am a free man."

As long as they don't start saying "Be seeing you!"/"Bonjour chez vous!" as you leave the aircraft, we will be OK.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
" I am not a seat number... I am a free man."

As long as they don't start saying "Be seeing you!"/"Bonjour chez vous!" as you leave the aircraft, we will be OK.
à la revoyure !
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:53 am

New destinations loosing AF and getting Joon insted in 2019: ARN, PRG...more?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by criced
New destinations loosing AF and getting Joon insted in 2019: ARN, PRG...more?
Someone reported MAN in another thread...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:34 pm

They announced some destinations in a newsletter and on this page. Madrid, Stockholm, Prague, Bergen, Budapest, Manchester, Quito, Saint-Martin, and "..." more to come!

Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:12 pm

Maybe the grander scheme is to shift all (or at least the crushing majority in order to say „it‘s a new normal“) Euro destinations to JOON, lower the cost base, and then, when the lower cost base is established, bring back more civilised uniform, get rid of the idiotic name and the ugly livery.

Until then, I can live with the current JOON offering. On the few Euro JOON flights I have taken, service on the ground was exactly the same as on a normal AF flight, service in J was the same as on a normal AF flight (haven‘t tried Y yet). The tangible differences were that I was guaranteed not to be on a plane with a NEO seat (A318) and had a USB charger in the armrest. That‘s a big improvement compared to normal AF where 4/5 of my flights are on NEO (ZRH, GVA, MUC, LIN, CPH...) I am happy to take the „no NEO guarantee“ anyday if the only price for that are silly uniforms and a hiddeous livery on the plane.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Couldn't agree more. Service seemed fine, keeping the airline afloat is a win, and I can live with the stupid branding for now.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is there any airline branding these days that isn’t stupid, ridiculous and unnecessary, usually with logos denoting a series of whooshes? Haven’t tried Joon yet, they don’t seem to have hit the GVA or MAD routes yet.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Is there any airline branding these days that isn’t stupid, ridiculous and unnecessary, usually with logos denoting a series of whooshes?
Of course there is.

One woosh only, and the rest is a class act, the inventer of the often-decried "Eurowhite". Still looking good after all these years and only one minor touch-up.

Of course as a group they negatively compensate with HOP! (name is complete **, livery on planes is bearable) and JOON (more bizarre than outright idiotic like HOP, ugly livery, and ridiculous uniforms). Transavia is completely inconspicious and just a big "yawn". I actually like KLM
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good, but this is a makeover of a well established logo. I’m talking about new brandings, when the logo changes completely (e.g. AA). In the case of AF and LH they fiddled around with the existing logo, one was successful, the other was not. But actually, I think the AA one was quite successful in the end.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Good, but this is a makeover of a well established logo. I’m talking about new brandings, when the logo changes completely (e.g. AA). In the case of AF and LH they fiddled around with the existing logo, one was successful, the other was not. But actually, I think the AA one was quite successful in the end.
How about this recent one, very well done, and even the variation of the swoosh looks great:

Last edited by San Gottardo; Oct 2, 2018 at 2:00 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really great, thank you. Things are improving it seems!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I don't really know where to post it, but it made me smile!

Tribute to "France/Love is in the air" by "French Fuse"

Last edited by canadavid; Oct 7, 2018 at 1:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.