CDG to ORY connection

Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
CDG to ORY connection

Hello,
I am travelling from IAD to CDG and then transferring to ORL on my way to BCN. I have about 5 hours to get from CDG to ORL. What's the best way to make this transfer? Is there a shuttle? Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Hello,
I am travelling from IAD to CDG and then transferring to ORL on my way to BCN. I have about 5 hours to get from CDG to ORL. What's the best way to make this transfer? Is there a shuttle? Thanks!
There are very frequent buses (call them shuttles if you will, but they are 50+ pax seaters, proper seating, not like a US shuttle) from both CDG terminals to both ORY terminals.
They are operated by Air France. Check any AF site for details.
You pay the driver, but if you are AF/KL Club 2000 (and probably if you are Elite Plus Platinum), you show your card, and it is free.

Journey time is 60-70 minutes on a day of clear traffic. The route takes the peripherique (beltway), and a suburban link highway.
At times of congestion, maybe 90 minutes.

This is the simplest and most comfortable way.
The alternative is to take the RER (Regional Express train) from T2 or CDG central (but not from T1), to Gare du Nord (35m), and transfer to another RER to near ORY (station is maybe called Anthony), whence a tacky shuttle train, like the one at JFK, goes to Orly West terminal. About 70 minutes in all if you are lucky.

A votre service, madame/monsieur
Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The service noted by PaulRO is titled les Cars Air France. The nonstop CDG-ORY service is line 3:

http://videocdn.airfrance.com/cars-a.../index_en.html

Click on the "Practical Tips" link on the bottom of the page to see which door exit to use in each terminal.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Thanks very much for the replies. One last question, how does the luggage make it from CDG to ORL?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:48 pm

Transiting CDG and ORL

Hello,

I am flying IAD to BCN via Paris. I must transfer from CDG to ORL for the Paris/BCN flight.

Is it possible to check my bags through from IAD to BCN or must I collect my bags at CDG and lug them to ORL?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Siddles
Hello,

I am flying IAD to BCN via Paris. I must transfer from CDG to ORL for the Paris/BCN flight.

Is it possible to check my bags through from IAD to BCN or must I collect my bags at CDG and lug them to ORL?
Dear Siddles
first, welcome to Flyertalk
Please note that the airport code for Orly is not ORL but ORY.
Unfortunately, any connection involving an airport change requires always to collect luggage. So you'll have to collect luggage at CDG. Can I ask you why you choose the very complicated way to go to BCN (as there are many CDG-BCN flights ?)
If you don't have too much time to do CDG-ORY, it's better to take the train (RER B). If you have time (2h30 between the 2 flights), it's better IMO to take the AF coach service.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thanks very much for the replies. One last question, how does the luggage make it from CDG to ORL?
You need to claim luggage at CDG and take it yourself to ORY and recheck it there.

Gajan
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Are you connected somewhat with the other thread started by Siddle ? Because 2 persons asking questions about a IAD-CDG/ORY-BCN at the same time and making the same mistake for Orly Airport code seems a "strange" coincidence

As said in the other thread : no transfer of luggage between airports. You'll have to collect luggage at CDG. Airport code for Orly is ORY, not ORL.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are you connected somewhat with the other thread started by Siddle ? Because 2 persons asking questions about a IAD-CDG/ORY-BCN at the same time and making the same mistake for Orly Airport code seems a "strange" coincidence

As said in the other thread : no transfer of luggage between airports. You'll have to collect luggage at CDG. Airport code for Orly is ORY, not ORL.
+1
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Siddles
Hello,

If I may ask, why are you flying to BCN from ORY? This being an AF thread, I would assume you fly AF...

AF operates to BCN from CDG, which would make your life much easier. Of course, UX (Air Europa) flies to BCN from ORY, but why make it complicated (other than better price etc...) by going to ORY instead of staying in CDG, hence my question.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
If I may ask, why are you flying to BCN from ORY? This being an AF thread, I would assume you fly AF...

AF operates to BCN from CDG, which would make your life much easier. Of course, UX (Air Europa) flies to BCN from ORY, but why make it complicated (other than better price etc...) by going to ORY instead of staying in CDG, hence my question.
Hi Carnavon
AF flies also ORY-BCN (CRJ100 - Brit Air)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Sorry for upping this old thread.

I have an ORY CDG connection to do in the coming days.
From BA to TK, so no AF involved whatsoever.

But being AF Plat, am I expected to buy a ticket or showing up my card would be enough for the driver to let me in ?

I am not used to CDG ORY transfers.

Thx
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mogoy
Sorry for upping this old thread.

I have an ORY CDG connection to do in the coming days.
From BA to TK, so no AF involved whatsoever.

But being AF Plat, am I expected to buy a ticket or showing up my card would be enough for the driver to let me in ?

I am not used to CDG ORY transfers.

Thx
You'll need to buy a ticket as you are not connecting to an AF flight.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Thx Orbitmic, that makes sense, but you never know, Platinum could have proved finally itself to be useful !
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by mogoy
Thx Orbitmic, that makes sense, but you never know, Platinum could have proved finally itself to be useful !
Most drivers only request you to show your Platinum card, so just give it a try and you'll be fine most times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.