Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will be JOON's first [last] routes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
After having flown this week to TXL and back, I thought that this is likely the last time I fly there on AF...very sad
and no or very few so-called millenials, plenty of business travelers like on any other route. Complete nonsense
Are you assuming Joon is here to stay? I wouldn't like to bet too much on that at this stage.

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 20, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by RMO
I think that AF is the first one to completely replace its "flagship product" so to speak with a low-cost one (even though they say it's not low-cost but something in-between). All other major flag carriers still fly their best product to LIS from their main hub(s), such as Lufthansa, KLM, Swiss, British Airways, Iberia.

It's disappointing and they will probably regret it.
The "flagship product" of British Airways to LIS is more similar to a low-cost than Joon will ever be. Honestly this is a tempest in a tea cup, it seems the only difference will be the uniform of the FA. If you fly BA, you would be on mainline all the way from LAX but without water or food for the segment to LIS.
NickB likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you assuming Joon is hear to stay?
in fact...no
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
The "flagship product" of British Airways to LIS is more similar to a low-cost than Joon will ever be. Honestly this is a tempest in a tea cup, it seems the only difference will be the uniform of the FA. If you fly BA, you would be on mainline all the way from LAX but without water or food for the segment to LIS.
I agree. I assume the Joon flight will be AF coded. Frankly, an Asian pax transferring in CDG to LIS Joon won't get a very different service than transferring in LHR to BA LIS. At least from the marketing information we are getting. And they keep C so that premium transfer pax still get a decent experience.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:59 am
RMO

It might sound silly but I think the lack of any reference to Air France in their brand name might be a put-off. France (the country) is also a brand synonymous with luxury and sophistication. It might sound picky but I like to fly on a plane with an Air France livery and FAs. Don't know why others choose AF but that's one of (several) reasons I do.

My flights LIS-CDG and back are AF coded (the same code as before) and apparently will be operated by JOON (if AF goes ahead with their plans).

I hope they keep at least ground staff (at the Air France-KLM ticket office) and boarding passes AF.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
info of the day : the IATA code for Joon will be JN.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Many
info of the day : the IATA code for Joon will be JN.

Originally Posted by bodory
I guess they did not yet upload the new flights in the GDS.

JN is the airline code.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bodory
oups
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: Many
oups
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
After having flown this week to TXL and back, I thought that this is likely the last time I fly there on AF...very sad
and no or very few so-called millenials, plenty of business travelers like on any other route. Complete nonsense
I'll be travelling next week on my last AF flight to TXL and experiencing the same itinerary on a JOON flight the following week. Hopefully, there won't be any difference.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I'll be travelling next week on my last AF flight to TXL and experiencing the same itinerary on a JOON flight the following week.

Hopefully, there won't be any difference.
There will be some obviously...
You'll likely be the 1st here to fly Joon so we rely on you for a full report with pictures . I can't wait to see all those millennials in your report, happy to fly Jeunns, John, Joe, euuhh sorry Joon
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

There will be some obviously...
You'll likely be the 1st here to fly Joon so we rely on you for a full report with pictures . I can't wait to see all those millennials in your report, happy to fly Jeunns, John, Joe, euuhh sorry Joon
+1 both on the and on looking forward to your trip report (and hoping for a chance to catch up with JOUY31 soon! It's been ages but I never seem to head to Paris these days!)
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:02 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
I'll be travelling next week on my last AF flight to TXL and experiencing the same itinerary on a JOON flight the following week. Hopefully, there won't be any difference.
I'll fly out of LIS on the last day of AF operations (Nov 30th) and in on Dec 6th. I'll report too.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:17 am
RMO

I'll fly Joon on my way to LAX but only in February. Looking forward to reading your reports especially those out of LIS. Please tell me the boarding passes issued at the check-in counters will have AIR FRANCE instead of Joon written on it (I collect boarding passes).
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tff
I'll fly out of LIS on the last day of AF operations (Nov 30th) and in on Dec 6th. I'll report too.
I will fly AF Thursday from BCN, the last day of AF operations. It will be a sad day and I am not looking forward to what comes next...
Incidentally, I was speaking with the AF crew last week and they also feel sad that BCN is being treated as a guinea big, especially as the route is always full and has plenty of C pax.
The comment was also made that Joon's white uniforms are impractical and will look dirty very quickly 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.